Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield edge gap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Fremont MY2023 about a month ago but just discovered a gap on the passenger side front windshield. Should I take it to get it serviced or is this normal?

Attachments

• 83545E67-819A-40F0-8153-52DD3AD5D090.jpeg
    83545E67-819A-40F0-8153-52DD3AD5D090.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 632
Correct. They all have this unexplained gap. Mine has it as well. I've given up asking anyone at Tesla about this. When it gets warmer out, I'll probably toothpic some Flex Seal into it. I don't like visible gaps where water could fall down into my glove compartment, inside floor, air filters, or eventually onto and in the battery area.

Correct. They all have this unexplained gap. Mine has it as well. I've given up asking anyone at Tesla about this. When it gets warmer out, I'll probably toothpic some Flex Seal into it. I don't like visible gaps where water could fall down into my glove compartment, inside floor, air filters, or eventually onto and in the battery area.
What makes you think this "visible gap" is a potential entry point for water? I think it's simply a poorly designed trim piece that doesn't properly account for minor variations in manufacture.

Reactions: cgell and andaconda
Mine looks exactly the same, and I'd say its normal. In fact, it actually looks pretty good given the design approach.

Most cars I've seen have a rubber trim cap that covers the gap between the windshield and frame to smooth the transition. The MY looks like it is "raw," so there is a small gap the whole way around the windshield. The tolerances look really close, so it is pretty good. (That windshield trim piece was a major source of wind noise in BMWs and a total PITA to replace.)

I picked up my Fremont MY2023 about a month ago but just discovered a gap on the passenger side front windshield. Should I take it to get it serviced or is this normal?
I have the same gap on both edges in my model Y, at first it didn’t bother me but now i have all kind of bugs laying around in my tesla. They just come and go from these gaps. I can not do camping in it because of this reason. How can i fix those gaps? Please suggest something.