Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've now been waiting 8 weeks to get my windshield replaced on a Model S due to a 6 foot long "smiley face" crack. Every time I call the service center (Denver), I'm told it's on back order with no estimate of when it will come in. Tried Safelite and my local glass guy - neither of them can get a windshield either.
Log into your My Tesla account, click on your car/VIN, and submit a message using executive escalation. I did that after waiting a month for my windshield. I had one with 2 days of executive escalation and my service manager called me three times in one day. It works.

On 4th April, the windshield of my Model S 70D got hit by a falling branch. Since then, Montreal service center and Tesla Freemont is apologizing for the delay with the replacement part. Still no ETA is available as of today and it could take a couple of weeks or even months before they receive a part. Not what would be expected, can be accepted and this needs improvement. The wait continues. View attachment 297856

Windshield finally got replaced after 5 weeks long wait. Total cost CAD 1200.00 Service center Montreal did a good job!

12 weeks and counting at this point with a giant crack in the windshield.

Well, maybe you can do what I successfully did: I drove my car to the Palo Alto (Calif.) Service Center and got it done. (Maybe you saw my report on this upthread.) Though it probably all has to do with exactly what sort of windshield you need. Mine was complicated by the Subzero Package.