Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield wiper fluid broken?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Chicago, and it's cold. I haven't really used the windshield wiper fluid until recently, and after pushing in the button (both light and deep), nothing happens other than move the windshield wipers across the dash.

I checked the fluid and topped it off, which was almost full.

Does anyone know if the wiper fluid channel gets frozen easily, or is this broken? Initially I thought it might be frozen, but I'm in a garage, and temperatures are not at freezing levels, so i'm thinking that something else is not working correctly.

Anyone have any tips or have similar issues? I don't want to make a service appointment if possible since the last time I did so, it took 2 months to finally get in.

Fluid comes out in 3-4 streams from the wiper blades. I've heard of issues where the hose is not connected properly and simply needs to be re-connected.

Not a big fan of the 3-4 streams. I prefer the nozzles spraying onto the windscreen, since it does a better job of distributing fluid than the 3-4 streams.

Reactions: FarmerDave
Fluid comes out in 3-4 streams from the wiper blades. I've heard of issues where the hose is not connected properly and simply needs to be re-connected.

Not a big fan of the 3-4 streams. I prefer the nozzles spraying onto the windscreen, since it does a better job of distributing fluid than the 3-4 streams.

@vandacca I believe I read in one of the Alberta owners threads that it is just the subzero nozzles that jet, the non-heated nozzles apparently spray in more of a fan. Don't know anyone without subzero to test that claim though.