Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

winter is coming..how do you prepare your tesla for winter beside winter tire swtich?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello all,

Definitely I will swap out into winter tire end of this month. I will also make a profile called "snow driving" to set regen brake to low, creep stop, and disable auto mirror folding, and chill drive mode.

What other preparation will you do? I saw some youtuber apply some coating around the door handle to prevent frost. What product like such to prevent frost around door handle can be bought in Canada?

• Love
Reactions: dmd2005
You can keep normal regen, normal power and hold mode if you want. I have done a whole Québec winter that way. The regen is smart enough to lower when it slips much like abs, it's not like other cars that will cut regen when that happens. With that said, do as you feel safe, I'm just saying it's not mandatory.

On top of what others said: Winter car mats. PPF. Mudflaps depending on where you live. Once a year you need to do a brake maintenance, lubrication. Even more so if you have a real winter.

You can keep normal regen, normal power and hold mode if you want. I have done a whole Québec winter that way. The regen is smart enough to lower when it slips much like abs, it's not like other cars that will cut regen when that happens. With that said, do as you feel safe, I'm just saying it's not mandatory.

On top of what others said: Winter car mats. PPF. Mudflaps depending on where you live. Once a year you need to do a brake maintenance, lubrication. Even more so if you have a real winter.

I tend agree. But just because he has a profile ready doesn’t mean he has to use it.

You know, the best "preparation" you can do is wait for the first snow, find an empty parking lot and go play with the car. That's how you learn how it feels when it slides. You can play with your presets and gain confidence. Now, don't blame me if the police see you or if you hit a concrete barrier :)

Reactions: NickFie
Protect the paint with sealant or wax even just for the winter easy enough to do!

If you have budget and time ceramic coat it

also other vehicles will throw small Rocks and salt at front end of your car so clear bra is another option for that congrats on the new M3!

I change my charging times so that it ends charging just before 7am which is when I leave for work and when electricity prices go up.

At least I used to when I actually WFO rather than WFH and when we had TOU electricity pricing in Ontario.