Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Tires and Rims - Canadian Availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1010tires.com

Replika R141A (Hyper Silver) Wheels 19X8.5 5 120 35mm 72.62

Item #R141A-1985-12HN-35C726

Put these through a winter, no problem.
They are styled very close to OE style 19".

I had Braelin's before these, and they DID NOT over-winter well. Corrosion.
BECAUSE they had a machined surface (clear coat).

They took care of me with a credit, which I then applied toward Replika.
Braelin has since made the effort to mark which of their wheels are "winter safe".

Received this DM today, will reply in this thread
i see that you purchased Replika (R187) Wheels, and i was wondering if you needed additional setup, or tools, to install them or they fitted fine. Thanks!!! they look very nice.

I purchased the rims and tires at KalTire in Toronto (see upthread):
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1519896/

These are my summer rims, and so far so good. Lots of positive comments, and other owners who thought they were Tesla OEM. ;-)

KalTire needed no additional tools to install or fit the OEM Goodyear tires on these rims, and the rims are an exact match for the Tesla wheel mounts. Highly suggest connecting with Hammad at Kal Tire on Kingston road.

1010tires.com

Thanks a lot for this. I contacted them and they got me the Replika rims in a week so I canceled Kal Tire. I had them installed with the Michelin x-ice tires on Thursday and just in time since I drove over the Coquihalla connector this morning during a snow/sleet storm that had cars in the ditch. The rims look great. I picked up the grey center caps from the Tesla store for only $5 each and they fit perfect.

The only problem is this:

"Check Tire Pressure System, Call Tesla Service"

I tried the reset procedure and it didn't work so I think one of the sensor must be defective. They installed what they told me were universal sensor and that Tesla can read 8 sensors, so I can put my old rims/tires back on and it would work without having to reset anything. But it's not working out so far. I hope it's an easy fix but reading the thread seems like it can be difficult to track the problem.

Thanks a lot for this. I contacted them and they got me the Replika rims in a week so I canceled Kal Tire. I had them installed with the Michelin x-ice tires on Thursday and just in time since I drove over the Coquihalla connector this morning during a snow/sleet storm that had cars in the ditch. The rims look great. I picked up the grey center caps from the Tesla store for only $5 each and they fit perfect.

The only problem is this:

I tried the reset procedure and it didn't work so I think one of the sensor must be defective. They installed what they told me were universal sensor and that Tesla can read 8 sensors, so I can put my old rims/tires back on and it would work without having to reset anything. But it's not working out so far. I hope it's an easy fix but reading the thread seems like it can be difficult to track the problem.
Tesla has 2 different versions of the TPMS sensors, old and new, is possible that gave you the wrong ones for your car.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
I had the WRG3 on my last work truck, they're not bad tires at all. They won't compete with the hakkas in the winter, but they're much better than an all season tire.
Personally I've gone with the hakkas for winter, and the Tesla Michelin all seasons for summer, but I like to be prepared and I spend a fair amount of time in the winter on rural highways and in the mountains. For those who stick more to the city the WRG3 are probably plenty.

Thanks Hugh & green1 for the feedback. So can you report there's no significant loss of range running the WRG3 in summer / dry pavement conditions vs th OEM all-seasons? I guess that'd be my concern. Sounds like noise or ride comfort aren't issues.

I'm used to having 2 separate sets of wheels for performance summers and winters, and changing / rotating them myself - so that's not a worry. But been debating to go with WRG3 year round, or put Hakka R2s on the OEM wheels and next year buy new wheels for the existing Michelin all-seasons (was leaning toward R2s though obviously extra cost this route, plus I'd need to buy a new jack). Realistically I don't do much far-out-of-town winter driving the past several years - so perhaps WRG3 make more sense - assuming they don't reduce range the other 8 months of the year.

I see Kal Tire has a set of 4 R2s on sale for $50 off, so they're slightly cheaper than the WRG3 right now.

We did put WRG3-SUV on our CR-V last year, but they're different tread pattern than the regular WRG3s, plus we hardly drive that car these days since buying the Tesla : ) so I can't say myself how the WRG3 might affect mileage..
OTOH I did notice last winter that even with the slight amount of snow we got in the city, the OEM Michelins on my 70D were extremely slippery, so definitely want something other than those on the car for winter.

Looking for some guidance.

I've got a P90D with the 21" Turbine wheels. I'm looking for winter tires for the car.

I don't need 21" tires (happy to go 19"). Is this easily accomplished?

Are these Replika R187 good for winter rims? Tire suggestions? Are the tire pressure monitors absolutely necessary?

I've got a P90D with the 21" Turbine wheels. I'm looking for winter tires for the car.

Are these Replika R187 good for winter rims? Tire suggestions? Are the tire pressure monitors absolutely necessary?
The car easily handles swapping from 21-19 or vice-versa. Whenever you change wheels and reset the TPMS the car asks if you have 19 or 21" wheels on.
As for necessary... That's a big can of worms... In the USA TPMS are now legally mandated, however not in Canada. Without TPMS, you'll have a warning permanently displayed on your dashboard about them being missing, and you'll lose the pressure monitoring which is nice to have. The sensors are about $50 ea, but I do recommend them.

The Replica rims look good, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them in the winter.

As for tire suggestions, if going with 2 sets of wheels (summer and winter) then I recommend an actual winter tire, not an all-weather. There are only 2 decent ones that are rated "low rolling resistance", and that's quite important on these cars, I personally recommend the Hakkapelitta R2, The other option is the michellin x-ice. People seem to be happy with both options.

On the surface I'm not noticing any difference in range loss with the all weathers on. I think what I'll do though is geek out and analyse the raw data from teslafi to see if there is any difference pre and post tyre swap.

Michelin X ice I will also recommend. I have them on my ICE company vehicle. They are unbelievably quiet and low rolling resistance for snow tires.

On the surface I'm not noticing any difference in range loss with the all weathers on. I think what I'll do though is geek out and analyse the raw data from teslafi to see if there is any difference pre and post tyre swap.

Michelin X ice I will also recommend. I have them on my ICE company vehicle. They are unbelievably quiet and low rolling resistance for snow tires.
Just be aware that your efficiency will naturally drop at this time of year anyway due to colder weather, so don't blame the tires automatically if you're not quite up to the numbers you expect.

The Replica rims look good, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them in the winter.

Yes, agreed. I like the look of them so much, when spring comes I will either switch the tires or get another set of them. My family also tells me the car has a much better look with them and not to go back to the old ones in the summer. So, now I I'm thinking of just getting a new set of the same rims since I already have the Tesla sensors in the old rims.

I wonder if I can get anything for the stock rims? I have some minor road rash scrapes on one or two of them.

I also got my new sensors fixed - one ended up being bad. The tire shop has a device to read them just by placing it near the tire stems. When he found the bad one, only that tire was removed and it was replaced. I was concerned after reading this thread that it would be difficult to diagnose but it wasn't:

Reactions: SmartElectric

I have some that I don't need. They are 19" directly from the Lawrence store Jan 2015. On the invoice they are labelled as "winter tire set" - not sure what tires and rims they are. I can find our.They are currently in storage at the Lawrence store. They have been used for 2 winters, approx. 10k of use, and the tread has been noted to be 8/32 by Tesla Service. They were $2700+ tax new (ouch!) Contact me if you are interested with an offer :)

Last edited:
Yes, agreed. I like the look of them so much, when spring comes I will either switch the tires or get another set of them. My family also tells me the car has a much better look with them and not to go back to the old ones in the summer. So, now I I'm thinking of just getting a new set of the same rims since I already have the Tesla sensors in the old rims.

I wonder if I can get anything for the stock rims? I have some minor road rash scrapes on one or two of them.

I also got my new sensors fixed - one ended up being bad. The tire shop has a device to read them just by placing it near the tire stems. When he found the bad one, only that tire was removed and it was replaced. I was concerned after reading this thread that it would be difficult to diagnose but it wasn't:

what wheels did you have before?
you appear to be happy with this wheel/tire combo, any comments?
looking at this combination also, but with michelin PilotSport a/s 3+.

what wheels did you have before?

Just the stock 19" ones that came with the car.

you appear to be happy with this wheel/tire combo, any comments?

I'm really pleased with the wheels. They look great and are easy to clean. They give the car a whole new look. My car is the old dolphin grey and the colour really matches well.

We've had a lot of heavy rain recently and the tires really stick to the road. I still have the stock tire/wheels in the garage but I don't think I can bring myself to go back to the wheels come Spring.

Last edited:
These are the 19" Replika 141A Hypersilver mounted on my car... Apparently styled after BMW wheels... (posted in another thread too, about lowing suspension links). So the look here is lower than you can achieve with stock air suspension.

These have Xice3 mounted. Nice quiet rubber.. very quiet for winters. Who cares about rolling resistance?... if that translates to a more planted grip on the winter roads, I want it.

They do require a centering ring on the wheel because the bore is bigger than stock. But ... no issues after first winter of ownership, going into their second now.

Another thing to note in the pictures is that I painted the brake disc hats with a cold galvanic (zinc) spray, which gives them a different look - stock hats are quite silver. These are quite grey. Which beats quite rusty, which was how they were starting to look!

IMG_8296_LOW (Small).JPG
IMG_8297_LOW (Small).JPG

Last edited: