Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper Default to OFF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So each time I start a driving session I need to go into the wipers card and turn the wipers on and select AUTO otherwise the wipers will never come on no matter how much rain on windshield. Once I park and walk away lock when I come back wipers are back to OFF. Is this normal behavior? 2019.16.3

So each time I start a driving session I need to go into the wipers card and turn the wipers on and select AUTO otherwise the wipers will never come on no matter how much rain on windshield. Once I park and walk away lock when I come back wipers are back to OFF. Is this normal behavior? 2019.16.3
Do you have a driving profile set up? Are you saving after putting the wipers to Auto?

Reactions: johnm
The auto wipers aren't any good anyways. They tend to wipe only half as frequently as I'd like. My windshield is mostly obstructed with rain water before they wipe. So I have to manually set (AND ADJUST) my wipers multiple times per drive. Which isn't convenient since it's not as easy to use as a traditional wiper stalk (especially in the rain!). And it's been raining everyday in Florida now for the last week or two.