Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wipers leaving fog when activating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my 3 earlier this week, and I’ve noticed my wipers leave a weird fog when they sweep, that goes away in a second or so. What is it and how do I get rid of it?
A rain-x like product might be on the wind shield. Let’s the water beed up, but can leave a foggy streak behind the wipers.

I had a ceramic coating added to a car once and they did the glass too. The wiper effect was too much for me… I ended up removing it from the front wind shield.

A rain-x like product might be on the wind shield. Let’s the water beed up, but can leave a foggy streak behind the wipers.

I had a ceramic coating added to a car once and they did the glass too. The wiper effect was too much for me… I ended up removing it from the front wind shield.
Would windex remove it? It’s definitely annoying

I had the exact opposite problem with my 21 M3 LR. The original blue stuff they had in there would leave a hazy film after wiping. I pulled the trigger on the Rain-X orange stuff and it got rid of the problem.

Reactions: Sporty