Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless Charging Pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't seem to like my iPhone XS Max but my daughters will charge no problem she has a regular size X. I took the case off and that works most of the time but not all of the time. We both have Otterbox cases mine is the slim one hers is the normal one. Anybody else run into trouble charging the phone? I guess another thing to add to the list for the service appointment.

That's what mine does starts charging then stops pick up put down starts then stops again. I will update see what they say I would assume they would blame on phone but I only wireless charge and have never had an issue home, work, and previous car.

My wife and I have Samsung S20+. Both of our phone (with or without case) when placing on charging pad would start wireless charge immediately, but then 5-10 seconds later it would pause the charge...
You should use an App like Ampere to check the current value.

I had similar issue on my Model 3 with a Jeda charger for my Samsung Note 8.
But as soon as I connected directly to the 12 V auxiliary plug with a 2 A USB adapter, I din't have any charging problem.

You should use an App like Ampere to check the current value.

I had similar issue on my Model 3 with a Jeda charger for my Samsung Note 8.
But as soon as I connected directly to the 12 V auxiliary plug with a 2 A USB adapter, I din't have any charging problem.

Yeah, I may need to check the Ampere value of the wireless charge pad. I have no issues charging my phones with 12v auxiliary plug or wall adapters.

I just tested the charger with Ampere and my Pixel phone with a case on. Was getting ~2000 mA in the app at ~4.2v, So about 8.4 Watts.. which is near this phones max of 11 Watt wireless charging, I get roughly the same on Googles own wireless charger btw. I believe Tesla says a max output of 15 Watts.. So pretty happy with the wireless charger overall. Now if only Tesla supported wireless Android Auto...

Reactions: preilly44
I just tested the charger with Ampere and my Pixel phone with a case on. Was getting ~2000 mA in the app at ~4.2v, So about 8.4 Watts.. which is near this phones max of 11 Watt wireless charging, I get roughly the same on Googles own wireless charger btw. I believe Tesla says a max output of 15 Watts.. So pretty happy with the wireless charger overall. Now if only Tesla supported wireless Android Auto...
have you checked out android auto for phones? it gives you the interface on your phone, and bluetooth for sound and music. though i agree, would be nice if tesla added support for wireless android auto still my galaxy s20 ultra is big enough to make a cool second screen.

have you checked out android auto for phones? it gives you the interface on your phone, and bluetooth for sound and music. though i agree, would be nice if tesla added support for wireless android auto still my galaxy s20 ultra is big enough to make a cool second screen.

I'll have to try that some more.. didn't need it before obviously.. I have been trying to figure out the best place to mount the phone, thinking the best spot will be somewhere on the center console area, near the cup holders maybe.. not a whole lot of good options that don't place it farther away then I would like.

Reactions: Aarons12
So mine phone without case and stayed charging only registered 320.97 mA my daughters phone a X registered 2506 mA then 713 mA after. I would assume it’s no consistently putting out enough juice to charge my larger phone.

I put this in another thread, but what I found is that the bottom bezel doesn't allow the phone to sit low enough on the pad to align properly. It charges without issue if I slide the bezel off to test. Raise up the pad, and push the bottom bezel toward the drivers side. It will pop off and you can see if it's an alignment issue.

I'll have to try that some more.. didn't need it before obviously.. I have been trying to figure out the best place to mount the phone, thinking the best spot will be somewhere on the center console area, near the cup holders maybe.. not a whole lot of good options that don't place it farther away then I would like.
i think for what i need it will be fine horizontally on the new charger. with the big android auto buttons it's easy to use and really i just want to be able to change playlists occasionally. i drive a mile and a half to my office so most of the time i don't need to charge on the road but it's nice on a trip.

i think for what i need it will be fine horizontally on the new charger. with the big android auto buttons it's easy to use and really i just want to be able to change playlists occasionally. i drive a mile and a half to my office so most of the time i don't need to charge on the road but it's nice on a trip.

A mile and a half, should have bought an electric bike, lol j/k. I know Tesla uses Google Maps for mapping, but I think for some reason the navigation isn't Google Maps navigation :( Case in point, I tried to go to a winery this past weekend to do a pickup and it navigated me to a place about 1/4 mile from the actual destination, while Google Maps was spot on. So really going to have to rely upon Google Maps/Waze on the phone as well as the Media player on there too... This is probably my biggest complaint with the Tesla.. lack of Android Auto.

A mile and a half, should have bought an electric bike, lol j/k. I know Tesla uses Google Maps for mapping, but I think for some reason the navigation isn't Google Maps navigation :( Case in point, I tried to go to a winery this past weekend to do a pickup and it navigated me to a place about 1/4 mile from the actual destination, while Google Maps was spot on. So really going to have to rely upon Google Maps/Waze on the phone as well as the Media player on there too... This is probably my biggest complaint with the Tesla.. lack of Android Auto.
yes i'm spoiled, and in fact i do ride a regular bike to work in the warmer months, and also have a bike at the office for around town. no electric bikes, i need the exercise!