Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wish I had gotten the premium sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you're saying that only premium sound has high bitrate for Slacker? And for standard sound they reduce the bitrate for Slacker streams?

As a side comment, something people may not always realize is that premium sound comes with a slightly upgraded CID (the big screen computer) compared to base. More memory was it? Perhaps some technical considerations exist there as updates require different amounts of memory etc. for different things...

So you're saying that only premium sound has high bitrate for Slacker? And for standard sound they reduce the bitrate for Slacker streams?

That IS correct. There was a option in the audio settings for high bitrate in all cars until sometime in late 2016. Then the option disappeared and the configuration website added the “high bitrate” as part of the premium upgrades sound system only. I was so mad to have invested so much in my Reus system to be relegated to muddy sound. I prefer Slacker as my primary source of music and without question my new (30k Miles lol) S100D and X have far better sound with the premium audio with high bitrate than my S85D had with a Reus and low bitrate.