Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

With tesla closing stores, where would you pickup the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Due to cronyism we don't have stores in Texas, had to order online and pay in full before it could be shipped here. For the Houston area the deliveries are done at the service center on the north side of town - though that includes way more than just the Houston metro, I meet people from New Orleans picking up their car.

They brought mine from the north service center to my house in The Woodlands. They actually said they would rather do that, dunno why. In any event, I really didn't care about the extra 20 miles and let them drive it.

So what do you do if your car needs service the mobile tech can't provide? Do they pick it up on a truck and deliver you a loaner?

I believe flatbed pickup service is free if the car is undrivable (and you might get a loner dropped off at the same time). Otherwise, you're on the hook to take it in. You also need to go get it after it is fixed (possibly returning the loaner) or pay to get it trucked back.

Edit, ignore me: @outdoors rocks!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: outdoors
I believe flatbed pickup service is free if the car is undrivable (and you might get a loner dropped off at the same time). Otherwise, you're on the hook to take it in. You also need to go get it after it is fixed (possibly returning the loaner) or pay to get it trucked back.

I have never had to pay or was it ever mentioned as a remote possibility on any issue. 3/S has been trucked down to Cleveland if rangers were busy and they had capacity to do work or extra room on truck to take. Also trucked back. Again never been an issue, and is prefered in my thoughts. Get to know names and faces, very nice folks I might add.

There are pre-staged loaners in a top secret location in SE MI. Even have the capability to supercharge in the building. Not supposed to do business in the state. You are not allowed or to meet these rangers where the cars are stored for transport or are they supposed to do any work on the car there. Either a mobile tech not at the location or back to OH. Sometimes donuts and coffee appear with a knock on the door.....:cool:

If you want a loaner here in MI. Ask for the first appointment in the A.M. Most loaner Tesla cars are available then. We usually decline. Someone else probably needs it more than us.

• Informative
Reactions: mongo
Just a bit of info, everyone has to order online even if they're in a "store" because Tesla doesn't sell cars in their stores. It's always been a weird thing. And anybody taking home delivery needs to pay in full before they'll put the car on a truck. Basically you need to own the vehicle before the shipping company will take it from Tesla.
I had mine delivered home and paid for it with a personal check the day it was delivered.

Wonder if CA would become a reciprocal state for sales tax. Could continue to drive tourism in light of recent news with 100% online. Very unfriendly currently.

My drive back across country was the best.

Regrettably, CA had an opportunity with a bill in the legislature related to this very notion, and opportunist politicians decided to bash their perception of rich people instead.