Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wondering why you can't discuss Elon's tweets? Preserved as an example.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope stock goes parabolic right after Gerber Baby sold. Would be icing on the cake for that buffoon. How short sighted can you be to one week be applying for the Tesla Board, next week on television screaming not only at your clients but everyone else to sell.
Hopefully he dosnt wind up being correct.
He’s not going to sell. That’s just hot air

Nothing good is going to happen to Tesla or Twitter because Elon chooses to embroil himself in this stupid, pointless kind of controversy.

"Any publicity is good publicity" has been an accepted maxim forever.

Some measure of good is quite likely to happen simply by folks becoming interested in learning more about Elon and his companies after some controversy paints a picture with a broad brush which most thinking people will discount as being a nothing burger in the grand scheme of things.

However, they might find that one of those Tesla cars or Starlink, or riding in Boring tunnels in Las Vegas, which they hadn't heard of before, is the very thing that will make their life better today.

Last edited:
Just FYI, there was a guy on these forums a few years back who decided to sell completely out of TSLA because of some personal emotion that he allowed to creep into his investment decisions. That guy literally missed out on *millions* of dollars in profits.

And I encourage you put your biases aside for a moment and watch Lex Fridman's latest podcast interview with Elon. He is far from being a racist or an anti-semite. You're just showing your ignorance of him. He grew up in an apartheid society in South Africa, and the apartheid system deeply disturbed him. Make an effort to truly understand him (and yes, even his flaws) and you will see a different person than the media is painting.

The whole world could stand to take a moment to understand other people better rather than paint them with a single-color brush.
One can say he was 'Ross Gerber of TMC'

He said a post that echoed what triggered the Tree of Life Synagogue massacre. Dont downplay what he did.
And that is supposed to mean anything? First of all, just because some nutjob used something as excuse to kill a bunch of people doesn't mean this something itself is bad, how many in the west are still supporting Palestinian independence right now even though Hamas used that as excuse to kill a bunch of people?

Secondly from Elon's subsequent posts, what he's saying is basically that Jewish community should stop supporting progressive ideals, since this is not in their best interest. This should be self-evident given what has happened in the colleges for examples. Only an anti-Musk fanatic would claim this sentiment is anti-Semitic.

And that is supposed to mean anything? First of all, just because some nutjob used something as excuse to kill a bunch of people doesn't mean this something itself is bad, how many in the west are still supporting Palestinian independence right now even though Hamas used that as excuse to kill a bunch of people?

That analogy really makes sense to you ?

Reactions: GOVA
Stock is back to where it was in March. (Before the controversy).
Off-Topic response: The funny thing is that according to the NYT article I read, modelo sales replaced bud light sales. Modelo is actually a real beer. So whoever participated in that boycott in effect increased their life quality. And whoever switched from Modelo to Bud Light in support of the anti-boycott, really took one for the team.

1700250164232.png

Ooof!

Add to that IBM and Lionsgate who have also reportedly suspended all advertising on X.

Last edited:

Venturing off topic I know, but I think Elon needs to experience some real consequences if we're going to have any hope of him putting a little more forethought into his Tweets going forward.

As for the topic at hand, I wrote 10x 11/24 -c260s at $0.61 earlier this morning. Looking to open at least 20x more early next week. I closed my batch of 11/17 -c250s at $.01 earlier today (~98-99% ROI).

Venturing off topic I know, but I think Elon needs to experience some real consequences if we're going to have any hope of him putting a little more forethought into his Tweets going forward.

I find this take...optimistic :) Dude did permanent damage to his neck/spine leaving him in lifelong pain and several surgery's from fighting a sumo wrestler... and still challenged Zuck to a cage match.

I find this take...optimistic :) Dude did permanent damage to his neck/spine leaving him in lifelong pain and several surgery's from fighting a sumo wrestler... and still challenged Zuck to a cage match.

Sadly I agree with you. Elon's got real "Principal Skinner 'No, the kids are the ones who are wrong' meme" energy with respect to certain things. Maybe the final thought here is he had the good sense to not actually carry through with that match. (And I do think Elon ultimately scuttled it, irrespective of him trying to find Zuck's house, etc. God what a stupid news cycle that was.)

Status
Not open for further replies.