Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wondering why you can't discuss Elon's tweets? Preserved as an example.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I agree with you. Elon's got real "Principal Skinner 'No, the kids are the ones who are wrong' meme" energy with respect to certain things.
He literally sold 10s of billions worth of TSLA that he really hated doing because he thought someone on internet was wrong ;)

Angry bird is his pet project and he just doesn't care about the consequences. Or may be its the Jekyll & Hyde thing - he cares when he is Dr Jekyll but not when he is Mr Hyde. For eg. he is careful not to say negative things about China (though he came close with all the Covid conspiracies) because he knows the consequences can be severe.

Coming back to topic - I think the way this plays out depends on what happens over the weekend and next week. Do big investors decide to sell off .... or they just ignore ? Afterall he is now taking on a financially strong community - not just other minorities he normally disses. I'm planning to buy back the P210 for next week that I sold for 50 cents yesterday. See how it goes on Monday and then re-enter.

Honest (after hours, heading into the weekend) question. Relative to the members in this thread, I've seen the full gambit of opinions about Elon. It ranges from love to hate. Credit to blame. Savior to devil. For the brand and stock price. So, my question is: if Elon stepped away from the CEO role and into Chief Executive Architect (or whatever), would the drama be meaningfully reduced? Does anyone genuinely think it would meaningfully affect stock price? Just curious.
Yes and Yes.

Adding this as separated post to not mix it

Take this as someone that never been to the US, so the only exposure I get to the reality there is what I see online

With that in mind, that I might be wrong so feel free to refute this, as a shareholder, given everything that transpires now and in the past, It would make me happy to see one day Tesla move it's headquarters out of the USA in the long term

Keep what is needed there, factories, even engineering centers to make use of the local talent, that we've seen is amazing and responsible to make Tesla what it is today, but given the lack of supports it has in it's home turf, move out

Take this as someone that never been to the US, so the only exposure I get to the reality there is what I see online

With that in mind, that I might be wrong so feel free to refute this, as a shareholder, given everything that transpires now and in the past, It would make me happy to see one day Tesla move it's headquarters out of the USA in the long term

Keep what is needed there, factories, even engineering centers to make use of the local talent, that we've seen is amazing and responsible to make Tesla what it is today, but given the lack of supports it has in it's home turf, move out

They did move HQ out of the USA,... they moved it to Texas. 🤠

I've only visited the US briefly, but I'll offer an alternative opinion...

It is important to separate politics and business.

The US is a great place to do business, and politics doesn't really impact on a business in any significant negative way.

In spite of dumb things Elon says (or more accurately is perceived to say) from time-to-time, Tesla is in great shape and the "drama" doesn't seem to last long, or impact on the fundamentals.

Those that are annoyed by what Elon says, will be annoyed, regardless of the HQ location.

If Elon expended a few microseconds of thought before posting, a lot of the "drama" would be avoided, but I think he enjoys the "drama".

Oh yes - by all means kick the ladder once it is no longer of any use.

ps : I see GhostSkater like this post. Not sure they understood it ;)

Last edited:
Tesla has over 50% BEV marketshare in the US. How is that lack of support ?

In what other major market can it dream of such marketshare ?

Same with FSD. The take rate is zero in the EU and 1% in China.

I don't mean stop selling there, or even slowing down or anything like that

Just on the basis of government support, or lack thereof and hostilities in it's place

Just not be an US company anymore
The US is a great place to do business, and politics doesn't really impact on a business in any significant negative way.

This is a really good point, which I support, do business there, move the headquarters out

More like to send a message, we will take advantage of your market since it's good, but we as a company don't want to be a given contry company

Honest (after hours, heading into the weekend) question. Relative to the members in this thread, I've seen the full gambit of opinions about Elon. It ranges from love to hate. Credit to blame. Savior to devil. For the brand and stock price. So, my question is: if Elon stepped away from the CEO role and into Chief Executive Architect (or whatever), would the drama be meaningfully reduced? Does anyone genuinely think it would meaningfully affect stock price? Just curious.
If anything the stock would go down.

I don't mean stop selling there, or even slowing down or anything like that

Just on the basis of government support, or lack thereof and hostilities in it's place

Just not be an US company anymore

This is a really good point, which I support, do business there, move the headquarters out

More like to send a message, we will take advantage of your market since it's good, but we as a company don't want to be a given contry company

What exactly is this “lack of support” you keep going on about that is so terrible that Tesla has to leave the US.
Can you be more specific ?
Tesla has tremendous support in the US market because it is a USA company. Where would you move the headquarters? China ? Good luck with that.

You are barking up a non existent tree.

What exactly is this “lack of support” you keep going on about that is so terrible that Tesla has to leave the US.
Can you be more specific ?
Tesla has tremendous support in the US market because it is a USA company. Where would you move the headquarters? China ? Good luck with that.

You are barking up a non existent tree.

How far do you want me to go back? Starting when Tesla of all companies wasn't invite to the EV summit is good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.