Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wondering why you can't discuss Elon's tweets? Preserved as an example.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can somehow ‘ignoring’ EM’s posts, including tweets or any other public statements, be in the interest of this forum? For me as an investor and owner they are highly relevant and have without any doubt an impact on company performance and SP. And lately not a positive one.
Are you saying Elon is a racist, or just that his tweets are vague enough to be interpreted as racist? And that's why the stock price has been going down?

How can somehow ‘ignoring’ EM’s posts, including tweets or any other public statements, be in the interest of this forum? For me as an investor and owner they are highly relevant and have without any doubt an impact on company performance and SP. And lately not a positive one.

Another of those claims regarding a presumed effect that is impossible to correlate with any accuracy due to the near infinite number of factors which can affect the SP.

Please, avoid such statements as, contrary to the claim above, there is in all actuality a significant amount of doubt without data being provided to back up such an OPINION with supporting facts to clearly demonstrate the cause-effect relationship inclusive of the degree of effect for each potential factor bearing upon the SP.

Another of those claims regarding a presumed effect that is impossible to correlate with any accuracy due to the near infinite number of factors which can affect the SP.

Please, avoid such statements as, contrary to the claim above, there is in all actuality a significant amount of doubt without data being provided to back up such an OPINION with supporting facts to clearly demonstrate the cause-effect relationship inclusive of the degree of all potential factors which can impact the SP.
At most it only impacts day traders and other gamblers. Not relevant for HODLs.

I have yet to see much value in the whole X platform. It seems to bring out the worst in people.

Couple that with cherry-picking and out of context retweets, and you end up with the mess we have.

To discern meaning from say a "!" post or any EM post which is usually very short leads me to believe most people put on their confirmation bias hats when reading.

Please, avoid such statements as, contrary to the claim above, there is in all actuality a significant amount of doubt without data being provided to back up such an OPINION with supporting facts to clearly demonstrate the cause-effect relationship inclusive of the degree of effect for each potential factor bearing upon the SP.

While I do agree there isn't any hard data supporting the notion Elon's tweets (X's?) negatively impact Tesla, I also feel it's realistic to make the connection they have had some noticeable negative impact on the brand. I know a few people personally who have changed their tune about Elon and Tesla in the past year based on his posts combined with the FUD distorting them. And while it's likely the media has turned his tweets into a larger impact than they deserved, nevertheless the impact is tangible, because I see many people on other forums and social media claiming they will not buy a Tesla because of Elon's behavior.

To claim it isn't a real thing would be disingenuous. The debate on how small or large this impact is very undefined and worth discussing IMHO, but that does not make it non-existent. There has been an impact.

I think for HODL'ers the impact is negligible in the long term, the companies products, services, and revenues will negate any downside from Elon's posts. In the short term the impact could be important for TSLA and Tesla.

Are you saying Elon is a racist, or just that his tweets are vague enough to be interpreted as racist? And that's why the stock price has been going down?
I am saying that this discussion should be allowed on this forum and that any CEO’s public statements will have an impact on any company and SP, including TSLA. How can they not.

If his recent tweets had an impact on today’s SP losses I have no idea. They do have an impact on sales though. I know personally of folks walking from a purchase because of it.

While I do agree there isn't any hard data supporting the notion Elon's tweets (X's?) negatively impact Tesla, I also feel it's realistic to make the connection they have had some noticeable negative impact on the brand. I know a few people personally who have changed their tune about Elon and Tesla in the past year based on his posts combined with the FUD distorting them. And while it's likely the media has turned his tweets into a larger impact than they deserved, nevertheless the impact is tangible, because I see many people on other forums and social media claiming they will not buy a Tesla because of Elon's behavior.

To claim it isn't a real thing would be disingenuous. The debate on how small or large this impact is very undefined, but that does not make it non-existent. There has been an impact.

Take into consideration how, in such a "brand damaging" event being based upon opinion, it is just as likely that for every one person a statement may have turned away another person was turned toward a Tesla purchase.

Social media thrives upon the controversy that exists between two sides of a coin.

Some clever person once said, "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

I have yet to see much value in the whole X platform. It seems to bring out the worst in people.

Couple that with cherry-picking and out of context retweets, and you end up with the mess we have.

To discern meaning from say a "!" post or any EM post which is usually very short leads me to believe most people put on their confirmation bias hats when reading.
I agree with this as it aligns with my thoughts on this topic.

Not just his tweets, but tweets he elevates by responding to. You have to wonder why he even sees some of these people he ends up promoting. Maybe it is the "For You" algorithm that puts those tweets in front of him. Who controls the "For You" algorithm?

Oh before saying not investment related. It caused Ross Gerber, big Tesla bull, to speak out on investment media about Elon and Tesla.

To claim it isn't a real thing would be disingenuous. The debate on how small or large this impact is very undefined and worth discussing IMHO, but that does not make it non-existent. There has been an impact.

I think for HODL'ers the impact is negligible in the long term, the companies products, services, and revenues will negate any downside from Elon's posts. In the short term the impact could be important for TSLA and Tesla.

This is one of the good analysis I've seen

It would seem that @CitizenKane has been making progress on developing a proof to definitively demonstrate the effect of Elon's statements upon the SP, as the disagreement with the earlier post would infer.

Anyone else looking forward to participating in the peer review process once the data is made public?
My dislike stemmed from the fact that your last post made no sense. There is no event, whether a tweet by Musk or a surprisingly good quarterly report, that can be proven to effect the price of any share. Stock valuation is an art, not a science. There is however quite strong support for that brand perception matters to sales.

I am saying that this discussion should be allowed on this forum and that any CEO’s public statements will have an impact on any company and SP, including TSLA. How can they not.

If his recent tweets had an impact on today’s SP losses I have no idea. They do have an impact on sales though. I know personally of folks walking from a purchase because of it.
And the moderators have said Not In This Thread. You aren’t going to change their mind, so just go read the other threads that do allow the topic you’re interested in. It’s not hard to do.

The bolded/underlined was the entire point of my post.

It seems that you do agree with me after all.

If the point of your post was " There is no event, whether a tweet by Musk or a surprisingly good quarterly report, that can be proven to effect the price of any share." (which is word for word the underlined part you said was your entire point) then it seems literally NOTHING would be on topic here. Neither discussing a CEO comment nor a quarterly report.

That can't possibly have been your point though, right?

Last edited:
Just FYI, there was a guy on these forums a few years back who decided to sell completely out of TSLA because of some personal emotion that he allowed to creep into his investment decisions. That guy literally missed out on *millions* of dollars in profits.

And I encourage you put your biases aside for a moment and watch Lex Fridman's latest podcast interview with Elon. He is far from being a racist or an anti-semite. You're just showing your ignorance of him. He grew up in an apartheid society in South Africa, and the apartheid system deeply disturbed him. Make an effort to truly understand him (and yes, even his flaws) and you will see a different person than the media is painting.

The whole world could stand to take a moment to understand other people better rather than paint them with a single-color brush.
I won’t post it here but there is a Ben Shapiro (who’s Jewish) clip that sums up the situation very well and includes quite a bit of context. Once again people are flailing their arms over nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.