Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Woodpecker Inspects a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just what we (this forum and myself) needed, some comic relief. It's almost as if divine providence played a role since Andre (the vehicle owner) chose white paint. Those claws would have done an (obvious) number on darker paint (without a full body bra).

Those claws would have done an (obvious) number on darker paint (without a full body bra).

he said the whole car has self healing protective film.

frumpy_catM≡ LR Premium[S] 76 points 1 day ago

the whole car is wrapped in a self healing paint protection film, so i wasn't worried about the claws :)

i wanted a satin wrap, and xpel stealth has been unavailable since last October due to a worldwide recall so the only option for satin was the suntek, and i love it. it's actually more hydrophobic than the xpel but other than that there's no visible difference (also it's made in the USA instead of china), they both come with a 10 year warranty, and the shop that installed it for me adds a lifetime warranty on top of that

october apparently. i had several shops tell me that any shop that has said that they can install xpel stealth is either 1. using the defective product and not telling you or 2. using another wrap (like suntek) and not telling you.

stayed in upper pines. yeah definitely top off at fish camp, and you can get all the firewood and ice you need at the village store in the valley. actually undershot the range estimate by keeping the hvac off most of the time and rolling down the windows, the weather was perfect. overall energy consumption from fish camp, 4 days in and around the valley (including up to glacier point which is a ton of uphill) and back down to fresno was 155wh/mi.