Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worried about non-employee, non-owner deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In what way would they be misleading people? They are opening up the configurator in exactly the way they said they would. You're right, investors do not get priority, nor do godparents. As a line waiter in CA you should be among the first non-owners to get invited to configure, so far there have been none, so you really don't have any basis for thinking anything is being done contrary to what they said they were going to do.

The only thing in your post that would be against what they initially said would be them selling in Norway, but you'll need to provide some evidence of that.

There are dozens of threads on the "gift", they all say the same thing ... no one knows anything about it.

I saw the Norway thing on the news. Don't remember where but I saw it.

I am patient. I just remember how confusing it was to get a refund for my second refund. I mean, they tried to cancel both reservations and it was only after many phone calls did I get them to understand and finally get my refund check. I am basing my frustration on that experience. I have rode in a Model 3 to Mt. Wilson in California. I have examined the car in some detail. I have read the 160 online manual. I am excited. I guess it's just hard to wait.

BTW, I find it wrong for someone to call it bullshit that I thought i saw cars going to Norway. Perhaps I misread that, but I am offended by the bullshit comment. Please keep that language out of the posts.

To all line waiters, Musk recently said in a Tweet that he was working on something for line-waiters. When I spoke to HQ, they said the same thing. In a way, I am guessing Musk said that in the wind, but I have seen him come through in the past for other post wishes.

Keep the faith. . . Generally speaking, "Musk time" has its own cadence. My experience is that it is worth the wait. I don't need a tshirt or coffee mugs. Keep the gift and pump it back into the production line. . .

Congrats on your reservation and I totally understand how anxious you are. . . This is very definitely a safe place to vent. Discard the negative stuff and take only the positive out of here. . .

Reactions: DavidP
It doesn't do a lot of good to worry about things you have no control over.
If you are in a serious rush, the Ebay 'used' Model 3's have had a big price drop.
If you don't qualify for the Fed Credit, buying one is not going to be a big jump in price.

The credit was never my goal. I want the car. If people are buying for the credit then I don't think they are serious about owning a nice car. I have taken two rides in a Model 3. Very, very nice car. A few notes: I didn't see any exterior problems other than possibly a small paint flaw which was only obviously if you slide your hand across its surface in one spot. One thing that has bothered me is the interface; I didn't find it user friendly. I am figuring a big empty parking lot somewhere and testing each and every interface. For example, it was not clear and not in the manual either that the screen works like an iPhone, that is, you can slide screens up or across the screen. Not obvious at all. I am excited. I will wait but as I have always said, I will wait until 2019 or 2020 if need be. I have a car and I will sell it when I get this car.

BTW, to any of those naysayers. I probably follow at least 4 different Tesla sites daily. I hit reload on my screen daily because several of my Tesla friend owners said that some people didn't get invites but they were there if they emptied their caches and/or reloaded their screen. I know what the car is and isn't. I know how to wash it properly, care for it properly. I stay abreast.