Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worry about leaking from windshield of model y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have pictures of how their windshield lower corners look? Mine has this gap on both lower corners. The service guy said this is normal. Now I am concern after seeing some of the feedback here.

IMG_20200721_165138.jpg
IMG_20200721_165156 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200721_165156 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200721_165156 (1).jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 223
Maybe this thread should be cross-posted on the M3 forum. Seems the M3 owners could shed some light on this potential issue.

My first stop after delivery will be one of those high-pressure touchless car washes. I want to check the glass roof, window seals, rear hatch, and now this and be prepared to photo document the event. If it checks out great, if not I have 7 days to consider my options.

If the M3 has this same gap and that car has been out in the field for 2+ years and no issues then isnt it safe that the MY will be okay with the same gap?
I searched the M3 forum about this issue, some said there should be a plastic trim over the gap area. And from this forum, sounds like some MY owners don't the gap at all. I want to find some pictures to show the service guy at my next appointment.

Just checked my GMC and it also has gaps on the lower side between glass and plastic cover (and seems water can go under it). Seems that some sort of “feature “ but worth checking on pressure wash for sure. Been in very heavy rain on it and was ok.

the plastic winshield surrounds on cars aren't watertight. They are trim pieces for cosmetic purposes. Having said that, Tesla should have designed their surround to cover another 1/2 inch of the windshield so nobody has to look at gaps! leaves and dirt will get into the crevice and it just looks bad.

My Model Y that I saw yesterday before today's delivery has the same gap on both sides. On the drivers side I can see painted metal. On the passenger side I see a hole. Another MY nearby showed black sealant on both sides. My sales rep is aware of the issue and said he would tell the detailers.