Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worth getting EAP now Tesla Vision active?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was tempted to go for Enhanced Auto Pilot when I ordered my Model Y towards the end of last year. Non-USS model so decided to wait for Tesla Vision to be released. Is it worth investing in EAP now? For the money I would want access to all the features. Are all active now with the recent update?

I was tempted to go for Enhanced Auto Pilot when I ordered my Model Y towards the end of last year. Non-USS model so decided to wait for Tesla Vision to be released. Is it worth investing in EAP now? For the money I would want access to all the features. Are all active now with the recent update?
Summon and Auto Park are still temporarily missing for sonarless Tesla.

EAP has never been ‘worth it’ since it got a silly price tag.

If it was closer to £1k, it might be a consideration.

The same applies to a level 2 FSD, never worth £10k or however much they ask for it in the states, ludicrous amounts of money for cars that start from £43k.

It's just about worth the money for me (or it was when I bought the car two years ago). It's much better since the transition to Tesla Vision but will still randomly and quite violently abort overtakes. It STILL jabs the brakes just before or after a lane change, but I'm beginning to think this is a consequence of the vision system and low resolution footage - ie, the only way it can judge relative positions and speeds is to vary its own slightly).

On the other hand I wouldn't want to be continually reengaging Autopilot after every lane change. Summon occasionally useful for wedging it into the tiny space at work next to a 13A plug socket that no one else can fit into. Autopark is useless.

Reactions: OhioBobcat
All that has been activated is Park Assist which is a standard feature. EAP is still missing three out of five features - Autopark, Summon and Smart Summon. From the performance of Park Assist it doesn't look like the EAP features are coming back any time soon.