Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

would like to see heat pump cooling/heating loop for powerwall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
would be easy to install a liquid to liquid heat exchanger into the Powerwall, keeping the existing radiator. heat pump would use less energy then resistance heat and extend Powerwall life considerably. i feel Teslas heat management system in the cars is key to battery life, would be nice to see this duplicated for Powerwalls.

OK. We know Tx had a pretty extreme cold even this year. But normally is this an issue? I know that my fans come on during heat events but when do they turn on for cold? And isn't it just a tiny bit of time on resistive heating before the flow of power is enough to get them warmer?

just can't resist can you 😄
was it you or someone else proposed a "smart" bollard with smoke / heat detector?
maybe we could add cooling fans as well

Yeah, this was when I was getting nitpicked with weird placard requirements (Sunrun's original placard was too small, and you couldn't see the lancets of where the lines were all pointing at the 5 disconnects). Also, I had to add a permanently wired rise of rate heat alarm above my Powerwalls.

I proposed someone should invent a fire suppression system that is integrated into bollards; so if there's a thermal event the bollard explodes with flame retardant and puts out the fire. And the bollard can also be used as a sign post to mount a 6 foot site placard.

BTW, Vines actually helped me print new placards so the panels and Gateway outside actually are labeled properly. Plus his placards and signage looks way better. For anyone that has crooked red NEC stickers with faded sharpie and a site placard that makes absolutely no sense; I highly suggest having proper placards created by someone who knows what he's doing. Plus I painted the eleventy boxes to actually match the exterior of my house. Looks way better.

I guess I still need to prime/paint the conduit; but I don't have time for all this noise. I'm too busy posting on TMC.

Reactions: Electrph