Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you buy the panoramic roof without a sunshade?

Would you buy the panoramic roof without a sunshade?

• Yes, I prefer a less obtrusive, more aesthetic roof bar instead.

Votes: 96 77.4%
  • No, I would not buy the panoramic roof witout a sunshade.

Votes: 28 22.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone actually have the sunshade officially on their due bill?

In my opinion anyone who received delivery of a Model S with a Panoramic Roof has the sunshade on their due bill since the shade was listed as an included feature of the roof when they placed their order and continues to this very minute to be listed on Tesla's Options & Pricing web page.

Larry

You can basically stare into the sun through the pano glass. I only notice it is glass when I check over my shoulder and see the sky in my peripheral vision.

Not recommended for safety reasons. You don't want people to start viewing solar eclipses through their roof! You don't know if it adequately blocks UV radiation, which can cause a photochemical burn in your retina. Foolish way to go blind!

Not recommended for safety reasons. You don't want people to start viewing solar eclipses through their roof! You don't know if it adequately blocks UV radiation, which can cause a photochemical burn in your retina. Foolish way to go blind!

I don't think one should stare at the sun through the glass. But you can look directly at it for a second or two, again not a great idea. When I open the pano I cant see through the double glass segment, unless there is something REALLY bright to look at.

The roof is DARK!