Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WOW even FOX news is warming up to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What bothers me is when when anti-science, gun toting, right wing <insert your favorite word> like O'Reilly, occasionally talk sense it is scary and dangerous.

He didn't change his tune because he now suddenly realized how great Tesla and electric cars are, but only because he realized taking a hard line on this issue does not rhyme well even with his own poorly educated, anti-science, gun toting, bible belt right wing constituents
SMH

my NRA sticker on my MS doesn't get your approval?

- - - Updated - - -

Any discussion of Fox News is a political discussion because Fox News is a political organization. The opinions aired on Fox are aimed at subjective political persuasion, not objectively informing the public. Given the organization's Machiavellian operational mode and explicit agenda, it is very difficult to imagine this sudden change of heart on Bill O'Reilly's part re Tesla being authentic or genuine. Based on too many documented years of the Fox methodology, Occam's Razor (not to mention Admiral Ackbar) says, it's a trap and this new warming to Tesla has an agenda behind it. If I had to guess, I'd say, something related to 2014 midterm elections.
you do know that the people at msnbc get the daily talking points direct from valerie jarret's office, but that's not political

SMH

you do know that the people at msnbc get the daily talking points direct from valerie jarret's office, but that's not political

It would depend on the content of the talking points, obviously. It's not unusual for any business to issue daily memos, to keep everyone informed. The issue many people have with Fox is the on-going hammering of a specific agenda, that doesn't let up even in the face of facts. That's why O'Reilly's position has been worthy of discussion.

@apvbguy

You should consider that I don't live in the USA and I am not English native. From what I read on TMC I got the feeling that Republican people are not so much interested in EVs and the Climate Change/Global Warming issue (as I said before I can be wrong).
Agree that independent thinking is given to all human beings. That's why I said that Billy O'Reilly's could have changed his mind because of independent thinking.
I would like to add, as I said in another thread, that because of the importance of the USA at global level I dream a transversal Party consisting of both Democrat and Republican people having the same ideas on the issue of EVs and Climate Change/Global Warming.

@apvbguy

I would like to add, as I said in another thread, that because of the importance of the USA at global level I dream a transversal Party consisting of both Democrat and Republican people having the same ideas on the issue of EVs and Climate Change/Global Warming.

Democrats want to get off oil for the environment and Republicans for national security. It's about time they realize that wanting the same thing for different reasons is ok and that it's time to get on with it.

I tend to think it was to boost ratings. Here is how their decision was made: 60 Minutes does a flattering story on Elon, entrepreneurial spirit, Space X and Tesla. 60 Minutes viewers are impressed with Tesla. 60 Minutes and O'Reilly viewers are demographically similar. Fox decides to jump on the Tesla bandwagon to echo their viewers newly held view on Tesla, thereby giving viewers positive reinforcement for their views and ensuring they will be back for more. It is the first rule of Punditry, reinforce rather than educate.

@apvbguy

I answered to your post but I am now seeing that it has been replaced by SMH. What does it mean and what happened?
1. SMH means shaking my head
2, I changed the post so as to not ignite a silly political argument, just be aware that the OPINIONS you see in the forums hear while certainly valid are not always representative of anything more than the opinion of the author.
3. when I am in Italy I refrain from offering my opinion on the political issues facing the issues in facing the locals because I am not aware of all of the nuances that could be in play

But why this sudden realization that EVs actually help you get off oil ?

Maybe just jumping the bandwagon. Bash them and when it doesn't work out you call tell your listeners 'we were right again'. Now that it is pretty clear Tesla will be around for awhile they can change their tune and then say they always supposed Tesla since they are made in America...etc

Don't you know that in the USA transportation absorbs 46% of all the oil used?

- - - Updated - - -

3. when I am in Italy I refrain from offering my opinion on the political issues facing the issues in facing the locals because I am not aware of all of the nuances that could be in play

That's why I pointed out that I live in Italy. To this concern I would like to add that IMO my thought was quite neutral.

Last edited:
Lol, mkjayakumar, let's see if that survives the censors around here. See we're not adults here and can't be exposed to this. :D

It won't, but not for reasons of censorship. Two posts were moved to Politics - Quarantine Thread so I'm keeping the moderation to a minimum as long as people are well behaved, i.e. adults.

I'm applying a light hand because the thread isn't spinning into the abyss at the moment. I will continue to bat "trigger" posts as needed.

Don't get me wrong - the discussion here is excellent overall, even though it occasionally flirts with the abyss. I'm just keeping a lid on partisan bickering.

Because Tesla (unlike the rest of the US auto makers) repaid the full amount of the money it took from the government.
Three Cheers for Tesla [Updated] | Power Line

ie Tesla with government debt = green cronyism (ie Solyndra)
Tesla without government debt = free enterprise success.
its logical, but not pragmatic.

the next question would be,
Why are America's EV's highest sales per capita taking place in a deep south state? (Georgia)

the thing about EVs and PHEVs is that they take time to develop, I remeber when the GM Volt was called McCain's running mate, McCain Announces His Running Mate — The Chevy Volt | Autopia | WIRED
but as the Volt entered the market during Obama, it became a symbol of Obama as so was tainted as such.

Does anyone associate the Toyota Prius with the Japanese prime minister 橋本 龍太郎 during which it was first sold? He sure wasn't around for its development either.

Last edited:
It won't, but not for reasons of censorship. Two posts were moved to Politics - Quarantine Thread so I'm keeping the moderation to a minimum as long as people are well behaved, i.e. adults.

I'm applying a light hand because the thread isn't spinning into the abyss at the moment. I will continue to bat "trigger" posts as needed.

Don't get me wrong - the discussion here is excellent overall, even though it occasionally flirts with the abyss. I'm just keeping a lid on partisan bickering.

Great work Doug. I hope they up your salary after this thread.