Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wow, is there no cross beam across the roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As above. The model three has a bar that goes accross the back in between the front and back seats for lights.. does the model y not have that bar? I though i seen it in a different video but this seams to indicate no?

The Model Y's glass roof is Tesla's best yet, and it can redefine car camping trips

Nope! All glass roof. The crossbeams are in the front and rear at where the hatch opens. At least from the Tesla website showing the frame.

This is actually one of the things I'm most excited for.

Nope! All glass roof. The crossbeams are in the front and rear at where the hatch opens. At least from the Tesla website showing the frame.

This is actually one of the things I'm most excited for.
I wonder if it would good to have a retractable curtain to protect from the heat during the day, but allowing to see the stars at night.

I have such curtains on the front and the rear in my Model 3 and I wish I could easily remove them when I don't need sun protection.

gonna make the interior look so much more sweet. i bought my model 3 before sitting in it so when i got into it i was slightly disappointed about the crossbar.... as i thought the roof was all glass... wonder how long it’s gonna be before they contact me....

gonna make the interior look so much more sweet. i bought my model 3 before sitting in it so when i got into it i was slightly disappointed about the crossbar.... as i thought the roof was all glass... wonder how long it’s gonna be before they contact me....
This is one of the major draw back for Model X second row passengers who had only limited view above their head.

Looks very similar to the model S all glass roof. I guess they did this because the model Y is a hatchback (in the model 3 the glass roof extends all the way to the opening of the trunk whereas here the rear glass is separated for the hatch).

My 4 year old son loves when I leave the moonroof on our RAV4 open. It was raining yesterday and he excitedly said, “I can see the rain, daddy!!!” I just as excitedly told him how on our next car, the whole roof is going to be glass!!!

I love it! Glad to see I am not the only one. I am constantly telling my kids "my next car will have..." I am pretty sure they think my next car is going to be a transformer based on everything I have told them :p