Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrinkles and creases in ultra white perforated seats "normal"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both my front ultra white preforated seats have one crease/wrinkle each on the middle of the seat cushions. They have been there since delivery. These are supposed to be the updated version with backing. SC used heat treatment to get them out but they reappeared as soon as someone sat on the seat. They said this happens with all Model X's with the UW seats.

Does anyone else with UW seats have wrinkles (or not)?

Wish I had pics but my X is still in the SC for another week :(

Last edited:
There since delivery?hmm..I was at the SC today and took some pictures of the UW seats, I did not see any wrinkles anywhere. Of course this was a brand new seat of seats, nobody ever sat on them. Maybe some owners can chime in.

Attachments

• 20160422_122906.jpg
    20160422_122906.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 264
There since delivery?hmm..I was at the SC today and took some pictures of the UW seats, I did not see any wrinkles anywhere. Of course this was a brand new seat of seats, nobody ever sat on them. Maybe some owners can chime in.

Actually in that pic you posted there appears to be a very small wrinkle/crease in the top left corner of the photo (rear corner of the seat cushion). SC says these types of creases are normal because the material is so soft and supple. I wonder if it is poor craftsmanship.

Your pic also appears to be the non perforated seats, so perhaps wrinkle-gate affects both types of UW seats?

Actually in that pic you posted there appears to be a very small wrinkle/crease in the top left corner of the photo (rear corner of the seat cushion). SC says these types of creases are normal because the material is so soft and supple. I wonder if it is poor craftsmanship.

Your pic also appears to be the non perforated seats, so perhaps wrinkle-gate affects both types of UW seats?
You Sir are eagle-eyed! Correct, and I agree with you that they may not have chosen the best backing material underneath the synthetic leather. It makes me worried that over time these creases will show dirty wrinkles. I have white leather bar stools and I see that after two years of use. Note that the bar stool leather is much less supple and has very firm backing/seat-base which has held up the entire shape and intrictae contours over time. From my check of the UW seats I think they may not hold well across 8 yrs of typical ownership.. :/