TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wrinkles and creases in ultra white perforated seats "normal"?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by roser, Apr 23, 2016.

1. roser

roser Member

#1 roser, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Both my front ultra white preforated seats have one crease/wrinkle each on the middle of the seat cushions. They have been there since delivery. These are supposed to be the updated version with backing. SC used heat treatment to get them out but they reappeared as soon as someone sat on the seat. They said this happens with all Model X's with the UW seats.

Does anyone else with UW seats have wrinkles (or not)?

Wish I had pics but my X is still in the SC for another week :(

2. ssq

ssq Member

There since delivery?hmm..I was at the SC today and took some pictures of the UW seats, I did not see any wrinkles anywhere. Of course this was a brand new seat of seats, nobody ever sat on them. Maybe some owners can chime in.

Attached Files:

3. roser

roser Member

Actually in that pic you posted there appears to be a very small wrinkle/crease in the top left corner of the photo (rear corner of the seat cushion). SC says these types of creases are normal because the material is so soft and supple. I wonder if it is poor craftsmanship.

Your pic also appears to be the non perforated seats, so perhaps wrinkle-gate affects both types of UW seats?

4. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

A bit off topic but I sure like the look of the non perforated seats over my tan perforated ones.:cool:

Of course I would loose the ventilation factor, but many are asking if that even works so ...

5. ssq

ssq Member

You make me happy :D(I chose non PUP)

6. ssq

ssq Member

You Sir are eagle-eyed! Correct, and I agree with you that they may not have chosen the best backing material underneath the synthetic leather. It makes me worried that over time these creases will show dirty wrinkles. I have white leather bar stools and I see that after two years of use. Note that the bar stool leather is much less supple and has very firm backing/seat-base which has held up the entire shape and intrictae contours over time. From my check of the UW seats I think they may not hold well across 8 yrs of typical ownership.. :/