TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WTB: Roadster Double Din Binnacle Vent Flaps

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by swbooking, Jan 7, 2015.

1. swbooking

swbooking Member

I've already purchased a double-din binnacle but am still in need of the vent flaps. Anyone have some they are willing to sell? I would be willing to buy the entire binnacle/flap assembly as well...

Thanks!

2. shrink

shrink Member

Just call your local service center. The vents cost about $30 each. Part numbers are below:

ASSY DDIN VENT LH 6005494 1 2010MY onwards, Double DIN stereos
    ASSY DDIN VENT RH 6005495 1 2010MY onwards, Double DIN stereos

3. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

Just out of curiosity, how did you know the part numbers? Is there a reference manual available to look stuff like this up?

4. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

I've been waiting on the vent flaps from Fremont for almost two months now.

5. shrink

shrink Member

My local SC put me in touch with someone @ the distribution center and my contact provided the part numbers.

jbadger, I ordered the vents a month ago. I kept nagging and a couple of days ago, I was told the matter was escalated to a supervisor. Will keep you posted.

My CF guy in Ohio can make them for $50, but without the stock Tesla chrome trim. I decided to wait for the Tesla ones because they are a tad cheaper and match my existing vents.

6. shrink

shrink Member

I picked up my vents yesterday. My double DIN conversion is finally scheduled for next week!

7. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

So what all is required? I've seen photos of the dash apart with what looks like the metal beam cut out to fit the double din, and a little "bridge" riveted across the top of the stereo opening, and then I've also seen photos of a whole new metal beam with the correct size opening already stamped/machined into it.

Beyond that, is it basically the binnacle, the vents, the vent housing, and the dash top?

8. shrink

shrink Member

I'll try to do a write up in a different thread over in the Roadster forum.