Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: Roadster Double Din Binnacle Vent Flaps

swbooking

Nov 11, 2014
NorCal/SoCal
I've already purchased a double-din binnacle but am still in need of the vent flaps. Anyone have some they are willing to sell? I would be willing to buy the entire binnacle/flap assembly as well...

Thanks!

shrink

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
May 21, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Just call your local service center. The vents cost about $30 each. Part numbers are below:

ASSY DDIN VENT LH 6005494 1 2010MY onwards, Double DIN stereos
ASSY DDIN VENT RH 6005495 1 2010MY onwards, Double DIN stereos

shrink

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
May 21, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
My local SC put me in touch with someone @ the distribution center and my contact provided the part numbers.

jbadger, I ordered the vents a month ago. I kept nagging and a couple of days ago, I was told the matter was escalated to a supervisor. Will keep you posted.

My CF guy in Ohio can make them for $50, but without the stock Tesla chrome trim. I decided to wait for the Tesla ones because they are a tad cheaper and match my existing vents.

jimmyz80

Dec 26, 2014
El Dorado Hills, CA
I picked up my vents yesterday. My double DIN conversion is finally scheduled for next week!

So what all is required? I've seen photos of the dash apart with what looks like the metal beam cut out to fit the double din, and a little "bridge" riveted across the top of the stereo opening, and then I've also seen photos of a whole new metal beam with the correct size opening already stamped/machined into it.

Beyond that, is it basically the binnacle, the vents, the vent housing, and the dash top?

shrink

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
May 21, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
So what all is required? I've seen photos of the dash apart with what looks like the metal beam cut out to fit the double din, and a little "bridge" riveted across the top of the stereo opening, and then I've also seen photos of a whole new metal beam with the correct size opening already stamped/machined into it.

Beyond that, is it basically the binnacle, the vents, the vent housing, and the dash top?

I'll try to do a write up in a different thread over in the Roadster forum.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC