Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTF is up with audible's random chapter art

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I tried googling and come up with nothing. Can someone please explain to me how audible fan art is derived? I get these random pictures on my MS depicting different chapters (although sometimes there is repeated pictures). The center screen or hud will often display fan art such as THIS or maybe a random picture of some dude that looks like Guy Fieri. Usually, at least for the first 10 chapters, it is a picture of something that represents the chapter, but has absolutely NO CORRELATION with the book itself. Is there a way to change this or link the fan art to specifically match the book I am listening too? Thanks!

-MG

this is a long-standing problem with Telsa's media player, existed before v8.0 and is still a problem. There's a few threads discussing album art here on TMC...

all streaming podcasts (not just audible or NPR) get seemingly random album art. different episodes of the same podcast often get different art. Happens also sometimes with some songs played over Bluetooth from your phone, too. V8.0 firmware update fixed most of the album art problems with songs stored on USB, seems to now use the embedded art on the USB songs. but the problem remains with streaming podcasts and Bluetooth

• Informative
Reactions: MGMDaware
this is a long-standing problem with Telsa's media player, existed before v8.0 and is still a problem. There's a few threads discussing album art here on TMC...

all streaming podcasts (not just audible or NPR) get seemingly random album art. different episodes of the same podcast often get different art. Happens also sometimes with some songs played over Bluetooth from your phone, too. V8.0 firmware update fixed most of the album art problems with songs stored on USB, seems to now use the embedded art on the USB songs. but the problem remains with streaming podcasts and Bluetooth
Gotcha! Thanks. I swear I tried to search, but came up with nothing. Didn't think to test a USB to compare.