Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X-Care Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you buy extended warranty with out drive unit and ev battery?
That option isn't available any longer as we found it is more beneficial to our customers to have a more comprehensive coverage to include battery and drive unit.
But please feel free to fill out your information for a quote and we can help you decide the best option for your driving habits.

After looking different options for different model years of Model S cars, it's interesting that XCare doesn't warranty batteries more than 12-13 years old. They must know something about how many years a battery will last regardless of mileage. Insurance/warranty companies do a lot of research and crunch a lot data before they provide coverage.

After looking different options for different model years of Model S cars, it's interesting that XCare doesn't warranty batteries more than 12-13 years old. They must know something about how many years a battery will last regardless of mileage. Insurance/warranty companies do a lot of research and crunch a lot data before they provide coverage.
It’s legal gambling
If you knew you are going to loose, would you wager?
For me long term BEV security would be, orig veh warranty, then put money aside while securing xcare and then rhe money put aside would pay for battery replacement years 13 on
I should def be able to get to 20 years of a BEV
Esp a Cybertruck that won’t rust

It’s legal gambling
For me long term BEV security would be, orig veh warranty, then put money aside while securing xcare and then rhe money put aside would pay for battery replacement years 13 on

Do you think your HV battery will last 20 years, regardless of mileage, charge habits, climate, driving style, and maintenance? XCare doesn't.

And I have owned cars that have body panels that don't rust. What I learned about those cars is that everything that is attached to the non-rusting body panels still rusts and causes problems.

It’s legal gambling
Call Brent and ask for a personal quote for a longer warranty than what’s offered on the site. I have a December 2016 built p100d and my battery drivetrain warranty is good until 220k miles or August 2032.

Reactions: XCare EV
In the warranty agreement, what is rhe succession statement, just in case?
Here is a copy of our contract for your review XCare_EV_Draft_Contract.pdf
image.png

I ended up getting an X-Care Extended Warranty. I read about all issues I could find on 2020 Model S Performance vehicles and determined coverage could be very beneficial if needed. I opted for the 10 year 75K level. For my vehicle time ranged from 2-10 years. The 2 year plan was $107 a month and the 10 year plan was $30 a month. This seemed reasonable since my Tesla battery and drive warranty ends in 4 years and the X-Care picks up for the next 6 years. Brent a member on the forum from X-Care was very patient and answered all my questions over the last 2 weeks diligent research. I will be reporting back here if I have any further info to report. And as I told Brent, I am one that pulls no punches and report facts good or bad.

M

Reactions: DBV1
I ended up getting an X-Care Extended Warranty. I read about all issues I could find on 2020 Model S Performance vehicles and determined coverage could be very beneficial if needed. I opted for the 10 year 75K level. For my vehicle time ranged from 2-10 years. The 2 year plan was $107 a month and the 10 year plan was $30 a month. This seemed reasonable since my Tesla battery and drive warranty ends in 4 years and the X-Care picks up for the next 6 years. Brent a member on the forum from X-Care was very patient and answered all my questions over the last 2 weeks diligent research. I will be reporting back here if I have any further info to report. And as I told Brent, I am one that pulls no punches and report facts good or bad.

M
It was a pleasure helping you, and look forward to your honest assessments of your experiences. One of our core principles is transparency, and the forums and Facebook groups allow us to showcase how we serve our community. Have a great weekend! B.

Just wanted to add some more info to this thread since I'm not sure anybody has posted their transfer experience. We recently sold one of our Teslas with XC on it and were able to transfer the coverage with no problems to the new owners. They will benefit from the remaining 5+ years!

Hello,

I've had three good experiences with XCare claims for my 2016 Model S 90D.

My MCU1 screen started leaking sticky liquid. Instead of just replacing the MCU1 screen, I wanted to be reimbursed for the cost of a MCU1 screen (less the $100 deductible) and then self-pay for the remainder of the cost of a MCU2 upgrade. I worried that XCare might rigidly require me to actually replace the MCU1 screen. Instead, they were completely understanding and simply mailed me a check for the cost of a new MCU1 screen, allowing me to go ahead with the (very worthwhile!) MCU2 upgrade. I appreciated their reasonableness and flexibility.

One day, with suspension "Very High" and steering at full lock, "Bang!" Front control arm broke. No hassles with repair and reimbursement.

Two weeks ago, driver door handle would present, but not open. Repair uneventful, and reimbursement simple and straightforward.

While the Tesla Service Centers were not interested in communicating directly with XCare, my requests to add detail to the Tesla estimate/invoice if and as requested by XCare were complied with, and that information was sufficient for XCare to reimburse.

Whether or not my claims ever exceed the cost of the XCare contract, I derive value from the peace of mind that I can keep my car in good shape without sweating a cash crunch.

Would definitely purchase again.

John Cutter

Thanks for the
Hello,

I've had three good experiences with XCare claims for my 2016 Model S 90D.

My MCU1 screen started leaking sticky liquid. Instead of just replacing the MCU1 screen, I wanted to be reimbursed for the cost of a MCU1 screen (less the $100 deductible) and then self-pay for the remainder of the cost of a MCU2 upgrade. I worried that XCare might rigidly require me to actually replace the MCU1 screen. Instead, they were completely understanding and simply mailed me a check for the cost of a new MCU1 screen, allowing me to go ahead with the (very worthwhile!) MCU2 upgrade. I appreciated their reasonableness and flexibility.

One day, with suspension "Very High" and steering at full lock, "Bang!" Front control arm broke. No hassles with repair and reimbursement.

Two weeks ago, driver door handle would present, but not open. Repair uneventful, and reimbursement simple and straightforward.

While the Tesla Service Centers were not interested in communicating directly with XCare, my requests to add detail to the Tesla estimate/invoice if and as requested by XCare were complied with, and that information was sufficient for XCare to reimburse.

Whether or not my claims ever exceed the cost of the XCare contract, I derive value from the peace of mind that I can keep my car in good shape without sweating a cash crunch.

Would definitely purchase again.

John Cutter
Thanks @John Cutter for the positive review! Happy we can take care of you and your S!
-Team XCare

Here is a copy of our contract for your review XCare_EV_Draft_Contract.pdf
View attachment 1001823
Sorry for the delayed reply, it means that if we (XCare) or the administrator (Endurance) do not comply with our obligations under the warranty, that you have another level of recourse with our insurance partners. Good to know we're well backed, both financially and contractually to serve our members! B.

I purchased a 10 year plan back in June for my 2020 X and am satisfied. My only callout is to pay for approved claims on your own CC and wait for the reimbursed check in the mail -- which took about 2 weeks. I waited on the phone for over 20 minutes for Xcare to give them payment info and just ended up using my own CC (and got the points).

Just a quick tip for others out there. In hindsight it was a no-brainer to use my own CC.