Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X: What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a handy spreadsheet that I've made and been using to know the exact distances between all of the SuperChargers that I would encounter on my normal trips.
Tesla SuperCharger Location Distances Calculator

I know the EV Trip Planner and others exist but I like seeing the exact miles between lots of different superchargers and making the decision of how much SOC I'll need and which SCs I should stop at along the way.

I was watching a Model S video and right at the 11min mark he mentions Standard vs Max charging and refers to Standard as charging to 85%.
Take a listen:
I'm guessing the video is older but interesting as to why they recommend 90% now and 85% then.

Data from teslalog.com

Image: http://i.imgur.com/tSBbRyS.png
tSBbRyS.png

Image: http://i.imgur.com/n9nLOme.png
n9nLOme.png

I know this is a bit off-topic, but … do you have an invite to that site? It looks real, real cool (I'm a quantified-life type, so I've been using Fuelly.com / GasTracker+ for yeaaaaars, and I definitely want to use the equivalent for my Tesla.)

• Disagree
Reactions: Buckeye2320
I think you only need this link to get signed up:
TeslaLog - Register
There is a warning about your Tesla password being sent through his site though. Knowing how easily small servers can get hacked, that was enough for me to keep from registering. In the future, if Tesla allows a tokenized authorization then I would use the service.
(Simply change your MyTesla password to something temporary, use this to generate an API key, then change your MyTesla password back.

As he makes clear, he doesn't *store* the password you enter on his site, nor does he need to; he *is* using tokenized authentication, there's simply not yet any UI on Tesla's end to generate one, so he has to do it for you.

Even if he's been hacked recently, and that page is compromised, it won't end up with my password; just a revokable API key. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
(Simply change your MyTesla password to something temporary, use this to generate an API key, then change your MyTesla password back.

As he makes clear, he doesn't *store* the password you enter on his site, nor does he need to; he *is* using tokenized authentication, there's simply not yet any UI on Tesla's end to generate one, so he has to do it for you.

Even if he's been hacked recently, and that page is compromised, it won't end up with my password; just a revokable API key. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

If you Change your password, does it invalidate the token?

Reactions: loganintx
We do charge to 95% or 100% at times. But one good reason not to charge to 100% is so you'll have regenerative braking when you start out. That goes away completely on a full battery. This is especially true if you live in a high area and go downhill soon after departing.

"Vampire" drain is a real load on the battery to support electronics functions you may take for granted. Most if not all can be switched off in the "energy" settings, but I like to keep the car "always connected" so I can reach it without delays to wake up...

• Helpful
Reactions: Mark Z
Highest for the P90D: 232 (LobosPac)
Highest for the P90D: 232 (DJFrustration and djbakasan [something about those DJ's! ;) ])
Highest for the 90D: 239 (vjlvjl and JimVandegriff)
Cheers!
This may (likely) have been discussed before but it only appears to be a slider and not sure if it "snaps" to 5 increments or just single digit increments? In other words could some people be setting their slider to 89% and others at 92% (i.e. not everyone on 90% exactly).