Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X: What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand it isn't the most scientific result but it also roughly half... My day to day life isn't made up of 70mph constant speed driving and especially without AC out here :)

Next weekend is a 400 mile each way trip. I should get some extended highway numbers then.
The AC in the S doesn't seem to hit the range very much at all. In the X, I notice a much bigger difference. I continue to believe that's due to some issues with early AC units - replacing condensers, lines switched, coolant leaks, etc., but I could be wrong. It just doesn't make sense it would hit so hard.

I'm consuming about 335Wh/mi around town. That's generally in line with EPA, depending on how much of my pack is actually usable.

The AC in the S doesn't seem to hit the range very much at all. In the X, I notice a much bigger difference. I continue to believe that's due to some issues with early AC units - replacing condensers, lines switched, coolant leaks, etc., but I could be wrong. It just doesn't make sense it would hit so hard.

I'm consuming about 335Wh/mi around town. That's generally in line with EPA, depending on how much of my pack is actually usable.
I think the biggest difference between the S and the X (pure speculation) is that the X has dual air conditioners. I often turn the back one off but when it gets really warm I use both of them to get the temp down faster.

I think the biggest difference between the S and the X (pure speculation) is that the X has dual air conditioners. I often turn the back one off but when it gets really warm I use both of them to get the temp down faster.
Reasonable hypothesis. I also turn the back one off, but I haven't done any real analysis one way or another. The X also seems to gets hotter, possibly due to the windshield.

@KaiserSoze, When I first got my car, I picked it up from Fremont and drove it back down to LA. On that trip, I probably supercharged 3 times. I've owned the X for about 5 months and super charged about once or twice every month. I charge to 90% typically except when going on a long trip. I've probably had it at 100% about 4 times so far.

@ohmman, I've run the car battery down to the teens (percentage wise) a couple of times and the 90% charge rate is still about the same (just declining over time).

@ohmman, I've run the car battery down to the teens (percentage wise) a couple of times and the 90% charge rate is still about the same (just declining over time).
The balance requires a range charge after running it down. Did you do that, or only charge to 90% afterwards? If you're concerned, I suggest trying to run down to the single digit % and then range charging. Just run out for a drive immediately after to keep it from sitting there.

The balance requires a range charge after running it down. Did you do that, or only charge to 90% afterwards? If you're concerned, I suggest trying to run down to the single digit % and then range charging. Just run out for a drive immediately after to keep it from sitting there.

I will give it a shot. So run it down to single digits and then a charge to 100%. Will do. I'm taking in the X for service tomorrow so will have to try this when I get it back.

90% charge on two month old 90D that has never been charged above 90%.
image.jpeg