Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Stealth wrap on 2018 Model S solid black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car back today and so here are the pics! Xpel stealth gives a matte look.

89A77EB9-61B6-47D2-9E95-F19054166A27.jpeg
D15DB57B-F2EB-4EDF-A3EB-E48CF99E8B2C.jpeg
BD156FB3-45EA-4FA5-BBA3-0A6A91BDE65A.jpeg

The front license plate removal was a pain my installer said lol. The screws are some crazy proprietary type. Tesla is installing a front plate bracket on all cars now it seems. Fortunately once he got it off there was just double sided tape and now it looks far cleaner.

Where'd you get it done? How many days did they keep it?

Are you going to put the front plate back on that you're in WI?
CMG detailing in cedarburg WI. Took 8 days. They had to redo a few spots. They do custom cut fitment not factory template. Came out great. Only seam is the lip of the trunk and you can’t see it unless you look close. Even then it will blend in more as it cures/dries.

I am not putting the front plate back on. It totally ruins that beautiful front end. In my experience police in WI only pull over young punks in Hondas and Fords for no front plate. :p

Looks great.

Does it swirl or mar if washed incorrectly or does it always maintain and impeccable finish. Have you run it through a brush wash to see if it swirls. I enjoy a clean car and, as a previous auto detailed, can't stomach the site of extensive swirling on black car. If I could use my local brush wash without damaging my pain, I would have this applied promptly.

Looks great.

Does it swirl or mar if washed incorrectly or does it always maintain and impeccable finish. Have you run it through a brush wash to see if it swirls. I enjoy a clean car and, as a previous auto detailed, can't stomach the site of extensive swirling on black car. If I could use my local brush wash without damaging my pain, I would have this applied promptly.

It's a wrap not a wax or finish. It shouldn't be harmed by gentle cleaning with soft cloth automatic washes. XPEL Ultimate will self heal. I don't believe that Stealth has the same ability but it is resilient.

It's a wrap not a wax or finish. It shouldn't be harmed by gentle cleaning with soft cloth automatic washes. XPEL Ultimate will self heal. I don't believe that Stealth has the same ability but it is resilient.
I have xpel stealth and take it through a car wash every once in a while. Stealth has the same self healing as ultimate and actually hides scratches or swirls better.

View media item 118583