Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y model, 2021 VIN number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model Y Performance on 2/28 and completed the online process that day. On 3/8 I was given a VIN of 134XXX. Since it was lower than some other VINs I have seen recently I called my SA and asked if they could confirm the build date. To my surprise it was built that day, 3/8 at 8:36AM she said. Being a MYP, she said it should come with all the new upgrades including new center console and new headlights. I'm in Michigan so she said it'll be on a train and should be here in a couple of days. Online profile shows 19-25th..... Let's goooooo!

MYP, Midnight Silver, Full Self Driving, Tow Hitch.

Reactions: DanDi58
Hmm you sure about the new headlights with a 2/14 build date? Can we have some pics please ?
Sure, I will take some and post them. These headlights blow away my Lexus LS, Lexus RS, and my Jeep Wrangler. So far no one has flashed their lights at me...the Wrangler? All the time. When I drive down dark roads, I can see very far ahead. Much more than any other vehicle I have ever owned.

Yesterday I was matched with VIN 100xxx but it didn’t have the refresh so I asked to go back in the queue. Was matched with a new VIN overnight 144xxx. Based on what I have read here on TMC, this new VIN should have the updates, but I’ll call SA today to verify. If so, I will be accepting and hopefully picking up soon! Current estimated delivery 3/20-3/26 at El Paso, TX SC.

LR MY AWD
Order date 2/20
Red/White
20 Induction
5 Seater
No Tow Hitch
No FSD

Reactions: geekfam
Sure, I will take some and post them. These headlights blow away my Lexus LS, Lexus RS, and my Jeep Wrangler. So far no one has flashed their lights at me...the Wrangler? All the time. When I drive down dark roads, I can see very far ahead. Much more than any other vehicle I have ever owned.
haha. Nice! I'm just hoping you actually have the new headlights. It has a circular projector on the outside of the headlight. You WOULD be the first one to have it on a LR.

139xxx VIN with a 3/2 build here on my LR Model Y. Scheduled to get delivered to my home this weekend, so I'll report back about the headlights.

I've seen a number of people (on this board and in the FB group) that have early March builds and are scheduled to take delivery of their cars starting this Friday or by early next week. I'm kind of doubtful that the updated headlights will be on the March LR builds, but we should know in a few days.

Reactions: TravelFree
Or they have never had a Tesla before and don’t realize how good the “old” lights are So just assume they are new because their car is new. Also the “new” lights have a projector which most other cars have so likely he sees a headlight without a projector and thinks it is new.

Hi Guys, new member here and first time EV owner(hopefully soon).
Ordered our MY LR online on 3/14 , applied loan on 3/16 from tesla and got a VIN assigned yesterday. VIN 136XXX. Really hoping that I get the refreshed model with new center console. As per my SA the new headlights are not available on MY LR(he didnt even confirm if they are available on MYP). Can anyone confirm if their MY LR have new headlights?
Also whats special about these new headlights ?
Thanks!
Ankur

Ordered our MY LR online on 3/14 , applied loan on 3/16 from tesla and got a VIN assigned yesterday. VIN 136XXX. Really hoping that I get the refreshed model with new center console. As per my SA the new headlights are not available on MY LR(he didnt even confirm if they are available on MYP). Can anyone confirm if their MY LR have new headlights?
Also whats special about these new headlights ?
You will definitely have the new console, but not the new headlights, as they have only appeared on the Performance model to date.

Reactions: WolfHunter1043
You will definitely have the new console, but not the new headlights, as they have only appeared on the Performance model to date.
Thanks! Yeah went through other posts just now and saw even march builds on LR are getting old headlights. Not sure if its going to make too much of a difference. It would definitely suck though if we start seeing new headlights and new interior door trim(like china) around end of march or beginning of april

Ok. So I just texted my SA to see if he could share the build date of my Y LR. He didn't give me the date but asked if I was checking to see If I'll get updated console and headlights. I told him yes . His response was "the most recent update was the headlights, but you should have that as well. The LR Y gets the headlights, yeah!"
I've asked him a follow up if he has seen any LR Y with the new headlights and post screenshot of his response. Looking at other posts I am not too optimistic about new headlights on my Y LR.

Screenshot_20210319-140816_Messages.jpg

Ok. So I just texted my SA to see if he could share the build date of my Y LR. He didn't give me the date but asked if I was checking to see If I'll get updated console and headlights. I told him yes . His response was "the most recent update was the headlights, but you should have that as well. The LR Y gets the headlights, yeah!"
I've asked him a follow up if he has seen any LR Y with the new headlights and post screenshot of his response. Looking at other posts I am not too optimistic about new headlights on my Y LR.

View attachment 645997
Sadly he's probably wrong.

SA's don't know much. My SA said you can't tell the difference between the new lights and the old lights.

The only way for sure of knowing is when people start seeing it on the LR. As of now, it's a NO to the lights but a yes to the console with a delivery yesterday.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung

View attachment 645997
I have yet to find any evidence of any LR MY built and delivered this month that have the new headlights, so that SA is probably incorrect (as per usual).

I have yet to find any evidence of any LR MY built and delivered this month that have the new headlights, so that SA is probably incorrect (as per usual).
Yup same here haven't seen any LR with new headlights so was a little surprised when he mentioned that(also a little excited 😁.) but it is what it is, I pick mine up next friday lets see if anything changes.