Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

125K+ Miles on 2021 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just turned over 100K miles this week. Tessie and TelsaFi are showing 11% battery degradation. Charge 64% at home with a Tesla wall charger at 48amps and 36% at Tesla Superchargers. During the work week charge at 80% and then recharge at 15-20%. This is a daily occurrence. On weekends charge to 50%. Our MY is a 21 LR AWD.

Reactions: CarPortal
I’d run it way down…this way it won’t take 24 hours and waste electricity. I think mine was done under 10 hours starting at 8% charge. Also there was 0 benefit doing this for me. Really it’s just bad for the battery.
I figured it out. Will run it down to single digits and then do the test tonight. What do you mean it’s bad for the battery? Is the battery test bad for the battery?

Just turned over 100K miles this week. Tessie and TelsaFi are showing 11% battery degradation. Charge 64% at home with a Tesla wall charger at 48amps and 36% at Tesla Superchargers. During the work week charge at 80% and then recharge at 15-20%. This is a daily occurrence. On weekends charge to 50%. Our MY is a 21 LR AWD.
I remember when our Model Y reached 100K miles and I made a post similar to yours quoting battery degradation stats from the Tesla Stats app. This forums Karen’s jumped down my throat admonishing me for spreading false information since only the official Tesla OS battery health test can tell you your batteries health. Whatever…I think all data and all info is useful for evaluating EV technology over the long term in real life.

Reactions: Daekwan and jsight
I figured it out. Will run it down to single digits and then do the test tonight. What do you mean it’s bad for the battery? Is the battery test bad for the battery?
I just did it 2 days ago…draining the battery to 0 is not good for it and neither is it good to go to 100. I was hoping that it would find some additional range calibrating but that didn’t happen. If you do the test, try to drive it ASAP so it doesn’t sit at 100%.

If you use the Tessie app it will provide battery health, degradation, capacity, max range, and charge cycles I charged to 50% last night because I am not working today and will be close to home. This morning readies are battery health 88.6%, degradation 11.4%, today's capacity 69.6 kWh, originally the capacity was 78.5kWh, max range is 289.5 mi. and I have used 497.6 charge cycles out of 1500. My mileage as of this morning is 101276. My max range, capacity, and degradation have all increased significantly May 1st. Degradation has done from 8.5% to 11.4% as of today.

If you use the Tessie app it will provide battery health, degradation, capacity, max range, and charge cycles I charged to 50% last night because I am not working today and will be close to home. This morning readies are battery health 88.6%, degradation 11.4%, today's capacity 69.6 kWh, originally the capacity was 78.5kWh, max range is 289.5 mi. and I have used 497.6 charge cycles out of 1500. My mileage as of this morning is 101276. My max range, capacity, and degradation have all increased significantly May 1st. Degradation has done from 8.5% to 11.4% as of today.
All of this is based on info from the battery management system which may or may not have sufficient good data to work with. You'll see these numbers go up and down depending on your charging habits and usage. Today Tessie indicates my battery health is 90% (10% degradation) after 4 years and 48K but a few months ago it was 88.5%. So take all these numbers with a grain of salt, so to speak. Lot's of info on "range", "battery health" and the like if you search.