Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yeah! RHD Model 3 is available.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice one. Similar position here, just debating outright purchase or wait for PCP to arrive. Did you go with FSD or holding off please? If we hold off on that, do we still get the latest hardware, just "disabled" so to speak. It's not so clear on the order page. Also a lot of the FSD stuff looks pretty much redundant at the moment in the UK? It's a lot of extra cash to chuck at an option which is still being developed and still awaiting approval over here. Sorry for all the questions, bit of a minefield now we actually get to the point when we can order one!

Cheers

I put the order in yesterday - I decided to wait on FSD as who knows when it will arrive and what it will cost - It think advanced summon is in the uk already but not motorway interchanges. If you order it later its all just a s/w update - unless by then Tesla have decided you need a h/w upgrade in which case they will do it for free - e.g. swap the onboard processor - the three comes as standard with all the cameras you need but Tesla have said three times in a row that the current processor is good enough - so they may well do that again!

Tip: When I ordered yesterday the referral code pages weren't ready. I didn't know if that meant the Model 3 doesn't qualifty - then I found it it does - Erk! I phoned tesla today and they said to email one in, which I did, so don't miss out on 5,000 free supercharger miles by quoting a referral code. There are plenty out there if you google or use mine, https://ts.la/ben98552.

I put the order in yesterday - I decided to wait on FSD as who knows when it will arrive and what it will cost - It think advanced summon is in the uk already but not motorway interchanges. If you order it later its all just a s/w update - unless by then Tesla have decided you need a h/w upgrade in which case they will do it for free - e.g. swap the onboard processor - the three comes as standard with all the cameras you need but Tesla have said three times in a row that the current processor is good enough - so they may well do that again!

Tip: When I ordered yesterday the referral code pages weren't ready. I didn't know if that meant the Model 3 doesn't qualifty - then I found it it does - Erk! I phoned tesla today and they said to email one in, which I did, so don't miss out on 5,000 free supercharger miles by quoting a referral code. There are plenty out there if you google or use mine, https://ts.la/ben98552.
Cheers Ben. I've been researching and also called Tesla who confirmed what you said above. I will also be waiting on FSD as currently it just seems to be a few non-essentials which don't add a great deal, at least for what I need. It's good to know that the V3 hardware is also on board so when/if FSD is fully viable, we can pay to have it switched on. Others on here also note that Tesla sometimes have "fire sales" where the options can be picked up close to the original cost price. So I'll likely be waiting and putting the saving towards the performance model ;)

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
FWIW, all Teslas manufactured now come with full FSD computer whether or not you buy FSD. Thus, you'll just pay for software activation whenever you decide you want it. The primary question is what the buyin price will be and when it may come. Furtehr all Tesla built with AP2 or higher are providing data to the NN, so UK data is probably in pretty good shape already, but will advance quickly as a large number of M3 enter service.

If you're really wanting much more information check out the Autonomy Day presentation. Here is one link:

Reactions: Arpe
FWIW, all Teslas manufactured now come with full FSD computer whether or not you buy FSD. Thus, you'll just pay for software activation whenever you decide you want it. The primary question is what the buyin price will be and when it may come. Furtehr all Tesla built with AP2 or higher are providing data to the NN, so UK data is probably in pretty good shape already, but will advance quickly as a large number of M3 enter service.

If you're really wanting much more information check out the Autonomy Day presentation. Here is one link:
Excellent, thanks for the information, appreciated. Looks like a bunch of us in the UK will hold off on FSD whilst the regulators get their heads around it. But good to know its available at the flick of a switch (and several thousand dollars!)

Reactions: jbcarioca

I did buy FSD when I ordered yesterday. I'm curious to watch it improve. I've seen all the YouTube videos of its improvements over the past couple of years and just wanted have a first-hand view of how it copes with the ongoing challenges - stop light, stop sign, town centres, pedestrian crossings, roundabouts, etc. etc. Also, the £1000 price reduction until 10/5 was an incentive. Yes, maybe it might go down over time but it also has the potential to be Tesla's major competitive advantage and profit margin centre so I can't see them ever reducing the price to a couple of thousands pounds, for example.

Yes, also I did use a US YouTubers referral code when I ordered. It didn't work on Wednesday (only showed the S & X) but Thursday morning it did also show the 3. 5K supercharging miles!

Good for the RHD folks! but this thread got me thinking... I'm just glad I don't have to control my car's screen with my left hand....

Interesting point! :)

I’m glad I’ll be able to open the driver’s door handle with my right hand. But given that’s a one-time action and the screen interaction is ongoing, I hope perhaps the row of icons along the bottom will be mirrored to place the settings icon closest. I also wonder whether anyone has applied transparent ‘bump’ stickers (as found on food packaging) to locate the icons by touch.

-Alex

For those of us in the UK, do you think we can make any rough delivery date range estimate based on the RN? I put my deposit down back in April 2017 and placed the order on 1 May shortly after the orders opened in the UK. I visited a Tesla dealer (Heathrow) yesterday and they said I should expect a call from Tesla toward the end of this month. Not for delivery but as an initial contact with further info. The salesperson said his best guess would be a delivery end July or into August. Just curious (and a bit excited, if I'm honest).

For the curious, I ordered a LR AWD, Midnight Silver, 19" wheels, all black interior, with FSD.