Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow tinted bands on Center screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As noted by others, this is well documented. I have it on my S as well - kind of growing on me, like a yellow matte inside the frame. Kidding aside, I'm in no hurry to have it replaced. SCs so overwhelmed with deliveries, that I will wait til I really need to go in and then discuss it with them. Also hoping that if I'm extra nice maybe they will replace it with an MCU2.. :)

Reactions: bsf29
Believe that different MCUs have different connectors.

The few that needed new MCUs got refurbished units as replacements.

Since the yellow lines do not affect anything there is no reason to schedule a seperate trip to the service center or call out a ranger just for this.

Not all the service centers will have these in stock, so it's a good idea to let them know you are having the issue when you make your appointment. Give them some time to order one for you.

Just dimming the screen a little makes it less apparent.

Believe it is from an adhesive that is discoloring.

So, we leave on vacation for a week. No yellow ring on center screen. Get home and yellow ring can be seen even without starting the car up, just the center screen all black. Didn't do anything but let the car sleep for a week at 80% plugged in and now I've joined the club. Pretty new car, too.