Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke peeling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they are replacing mine today. I asked if it’s the new material, he said he had no idea. They didn’t give me the same *sugar* about “we’ll only replace it once”. We will see…
I just noticed a pimple on my 2022 MSLR yoke with 12,000 miles. It's only gonna blossom and possibly pop. I'm scared to go to SC but don't see any way around that.
20230822_102458.jpg

How did the service go? Did you schedule with pics via the app. How long did they have your car? Any contentious conversations about warenty?
So, they blew me off twice in the past few months, about only replacing once unless I wait for the new material.

Yesterday evening I decided to try again, created a ticket at 4pm yesterday, mobile service completed it by 11:30am today. I was shocked.

So, they blew me off twice in the past few months, about only replacing once unless I wait for the new material.

Yesterday evening I decided to try again, created a ticket at 4pm yesterday, mobile service completed it by 11:30am today. I was shocked.
Nice, I hope I am as fortunate. I definitely will shy (scared) away from taking it to service center.

Reactions: #17Midfielder
They did not have details. Hopefully it is not just a thicker application of the same goo. I had a Ranger visit today to fix a couple of other things. He mentioned the peeling yoke to me and confirmed end of September was start of production of the new one. Conflicts with what I read about where dev_lvl80 seems to have received a different piece. Perhaps they are dipping them in 'plasti dip' longer for now while they figure out a new material that will stand up to the wear.

Reactions: zoomer0056
They did not have details. Hopefully it is not just a thicker application of the same goo. I had a Ranger visit today to fix a couple of other things. He mentioned the peeling yoke to me and confirmed end of September was start of production of the new one. Conflicts with what I read about where dev_lvl80 seems to have received a different piece. Perhaps they are dipping them in 'plasti dip' longer for now while they figure out a new material that will stand up to the wear.
This is the same info Tesla told me. September 30th or something for production start, October for deliveries and November for mass installation. I was told this a few months ago, so it seems legit. They showed me in the computer as well.

I can add my latest details now. I scheduled a warranty replacement with Tesla scheduled for Monday 8-28-2023, on Thursday 8-24, they messaged me and said that only one time warranty replacement would be granted by Tesla. They said that a new, and better quality version is coming out soon. So I cancelled the warranty replacement service call, and I am waiting for the better unit to come out and then have Tesla change it under warranty.