Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had (first Tesla) MSLR since September, drive 110 kms a day and would not trade it for a wheel if it would magically appear. It is a very natural hand position and plenty of other hand positions available. There is no right or wrong but personal preference. I love it !

No, not exactly. Saying "if you don't like it, don't buy it" is completely dismissive and non-responsive to the substance of the post. There may be some really good reason Tesla doesn't offer a round wheel as an option, and I (and many others) sincerely would like to know what that reason is. If you don't know, that's fine. Just don't reply with something that literally could be said in response to every complaint or issue raised on here about Tesla.

I’ll offer. Original cars had a ‘tiller’ that worked fine for the times and original aircraft had wheels. My own opinion is that if you naturally put your arms out straight in front of you, your palm is naturally vertically oriented. Holding a wheel on either side at the 90 or 270 degree position are the natural positions. The yoke provides those natural 90 and 270 degree positions but lower than a wheel does. Ergonomically I think the yoke is a more natural hand position. Same in the aircraft I fly. Even with side sticks and single sticks, the palm is vertically oriented and I think in the natural position that does not require wrist rotation .

I could and probably am way off but I offer it as a plausible reason for the transition to the yoke. As you see, Tesla is not the only manufacturer going towards a yoke. Toyota and others are working on offerings and have shown concepts.

• Disagree
Reactions: beachmiles
No, not exactly. Saying "if you don't like it, don't buy it" is completely dismissive and non-responsive to the substance of the post. There may be some really good reason Tesla doesn't offer a round wheel as an option, and I (and many others) sincerely would like to know what that reason is. If you don't know, that's fine. Just don't reply with something that literally could be said in response to every complaint or issue raised on here about Tesla.

Exactly.