Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Your solar referral award check has been processed"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you use your own referral? I have a Tesla, I purchased solar through my account. Sounds like a self referral. I got no check.
i just entered my referral code from my model 3 (one i would txt someone else) when i purchased the solar
you would have had to enter referral code / ID during solar purchase or purchase would have gone thru without any referral
i do not have check yet but referral shows in my "loot box"

Weird, seems like it would automatically be attached if you put it on the same account.
no i think it is assumed referral would be as prob orig intended ... some other tesla owner (solar or vehicle) refers you to solar .. ppl just tried "self-referral" at some point and found it worked (mostly)
also if vehicle purshases in past are any indication may be difficult to add a referral to solar order after the fact

Pretty bad customer service if you require customers to go an extra step to do so,etching that should be automatic. See other auto manufacturers customer loyalty bonuses. They know you are the registered owner of one of their vehicles so you buy another and they give you a discount. It’s pretty easy to see I am a Tesla owner since the car is on my account.

I guess I will be playing the “my system still isn’t working properly” card in order to push for the referral. System was installed (incorrectly) in December. Came back out a week later to fix. Didn’t get PTO til 2/19. Called 2 days later to report problem. They remotely diagnosed for 2 days and scheduled a visit last week. Took 15 minutes to determine that the original installation was not wired properly and are now scheduled for a repair visit in 2 weeks. So it’ll be 1.5 months operating at half production. So far thats 726kwh. Probably be well over 1000 by the time it’s fixed (14x30) so I will have missed out on over $300 worth of electrical generation due To their mistake. Will see how that conversation plays out.

Just got my check. When I used my own referral code in June 2020 the bonus was $250 to both the referrer and the referree. I got PTO in late December. Like other folks, I only got the referrer’s amount which was $250 in my case. The plan changed in July 2020 to $400 to the referrer and $100 to the referree. To use your own code, just click on your referral link before you configure your order.

Just got my check. When I used my own referral code in June 2020 the bonus was $250 to both the referrer and the referree. I got PTO in late December. Like other folks, I only got the referrer’s amount which was $250 in my case. The plan changed in July 2020 to $400 to the referrer and $100 to the referree. To use your own code, just click on your referral link before you configure your order.

Since it was $250 for both the referrer and the referree when you signed up, how do you know you got the referrer's $250 and not the referree's $250. I have read of other people mentioning more recently that when they self referred, they only got the $100 referree amount.

Solar buyer must put his self referral code in when placing their order. Only way it works.
My invoice showed a $100 referral discount when I paid in full and just rec'd a $400 check in the mail a couple days ago.

These referral programs change all the time.

Solar buyer must put his self referral code in when placing their order. Only way it works.
My invoice showed a $100 referral discount when I paid in full and just rec'd a $400 check in the mail a couple days ago.

These referral programs change all the time.
Are you sure that $100 in your invoice is not from the $100 you paid in advance when you first booked solar? As far as I know, the referral amount is always paid as a check, even the $100 referree amount. My invoice shows the $100 discount also although I was referred by someone else.