Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Your solar referral award check has been processed"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since it was $250 for both the referrer and the referree when you signed up, how do you know you got the referrer's $250 and not the referree's $250. I have read of other people mentioning more recently that when they self referred, they only got the $100 referree amount.
Fair enough, I just noticed that the folks who have received checks have been reporting $400. Some others have said they got a $100 discount, but most say they have not. I know that on my invoice there was a $100 credit but it was for my $100 initial deposit.

YMMV. I hope you get the $400 check (and $100 discount). In any case it takes forever to get the check.

Just to provide another data point for the referral check, I referred myself and got PTO on 4/22/21, an email to make sure my address was correct for the referral check on 5/5, and received the $400 check today (6/1). I have not seen anywhere that I got the $100 portion of this referral, which I’m not expecting since I was informed previously that it was $400 for self-referral.

Reactions: Electrph
Funny I just found reward check in my mail box today as well .. came on here to post ...so another data point ... install complete dec ‘20 / PTO feb ‘21 / email from Tesla 5/5/21 to confirm address ..referral check dated 5/20/21 received today
used self referral link $400 check ...never asked Tesla once about it

My PTO date was 3/3/2021 and I am still waiting for the $400 referral check. I have called multiple times and still haven't received the address confirmation email. I am picking up a Model 3 in a couple days and was considering their Tesla insurance, but ultimately said "no way" because they don't seem to value good customer service. Once they figure that out, I may take another look.

My PTO date was 3/3/2021 and I am still waiting for the $400 referral check. I have called multiple times and still haven't received the address confirmation email. I am picking up a Model 3 in a couple days and was considering their Tesla insurance, but ultimately said "no way" because they don't seem to value good customer service. Once they figure that out, I may take another look.
Tesla's response time / many aspects customer service is horrible .. but if u used your own referral link or someone else's I think you will likely get referral money .. they seem to do checks in batches .. in what way exactly i have no idea

Tesla's response time / many aspects customer service is horrible .. but if u used your own referral link or someone else's I think you will likely get referral money .. they seem to do checks in batches .. in what way exactly i have no idea
Just thought I would provide an update on my rebate status. As mentioned earlier, my PTO was 3/3/2021. On July 12 I received an email asking me to confirm my address for the rebate check. The check was printed two weeks later, on July 26, and was received on 8/2/21 (5 months after PTO). In my opinion, this is unacceptable, although I could not find any fine print that held Tesla accountable to providing a rebate within a specified amount of time after PTO.