Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your thoughts on Screen Protectors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The thought of putting on a screen protector is to me ridiculous....completely.

I suppose very dirty people who don't take care of their property maybe? but for the other 99.3% of owners out there.....

Many people find the glare that the glossy screen produces in a lot of lighting conditions to be hard to read, and frankly dangerous. Others like the oleophobic qualities that screen protectors provide.

I rented a Model 3 last spring to test it out before deciding whether to convert my reservation to an order. It was pretty overcast for the day and a half that I had it, so the glossy nature of the screen didn't come into play. A couple of months ago, while I was waiting for my order to come in I test drove a Model 3 Performance on a sunny day. One thing that became apparent to me in a short amount of time was that there needed to be something on that screen to cut down glare.

I suppose ignorant people who have no imagination, vision or empathy, and would rather judge others would think that screen protectors are completely ridiculous. But the other 99.7% of us out there can understand that different people have different needs...

Reactions: _TLA_
Am not that concerned about scratching the glass screen surface, but mainly for the Sun glare & fingerprints/dust issue.

I bought the AbstractOcean Tempered (matte finish) glass screen protector. It does cost more (around $45), but it sure reduced the glare of the Sun rays when they hit screen's surface while driving. Also, the matte finish does 'mask' the fingerprints & light dust compared to the original glass screen.

Reactions: rdlink
Hey reviving this post but looking to get a screen protector from AO: Can you guys help decide if 9h version is worth getting over the 5h and also if I should get Matte or HD Clear (9h)? Does the Matte really make the screen look less clear? I actually do get sun reflection at different times in my commute which was why I'm leaning towards Matte. Couldn't decide if the 9H is really worth it overthe 5H ? It is double the price and 5H looks to come in two packs. Let me know what you guys Think!

Hey reviving this post but looking to get a screen protector from AO: Can you guys help decide if 9h version is worth getting over the 5h and also if I should get Matte or HD Clear (9h)? Does the Matte really make the screen look less clear? I actually do get sun reflection at different times in my commute which was why I'm leaning towards Matte. Couldn't decide if the 9H is really worth it overthe 5H ? It is double the price and 5H looks to come in two packs. Let me know what you guys Think!
I put one on, now I don't have to worry about scratching the screen if my micro fiber is dirty, or bumping it with my insulated stainless water bottle, etc. It does stick out after all, and I do put things in the passenger area (laptop bag etc then have to grab it and pass near the screen). Better safe than sorry.

I put on a cheaper one off amazon, it's fine but increased glare. Reduces finger prints though. If i was to do it again I would get a matte one. Do a search and you will find my install process and also some info on various protectors. Also the are directional, so make sure you don't install it upside down.

The HD clear (9H) is really nice, if you want invisible protection. I love mine, because I can’t even tell it’s there, and it resists fingerprints very well. If my commute had issues with screen glare, however, I think I’d strongly consider the matte version. Fortunately, I rarely encounter glare.