Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3/Y Rear Entertainment & Climate Control Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad that I saw this forum..I have bought many products from Hansshow and their customer service is terrible..I have a dash screen from them..luckily it has been over a year and it is not interfering with any Tesla updates..I use that for Apple CarPlay mostly
If you buy from them use Paypal. They can help you much faster than the support from Hansshow.

Their support is like a chatbot, but it's even more stupid.

I wish I had seen this forum a week ago before I bought it. It just showed up in my search results when trying to find out how to load Netflix and Disney+ on my recently purchased Hansshow 8" Rear Entertainment Center. No idea it could potentially brick the car. Unfortunately I bought it used off eBay, At a substantial discount, probably someone trying to unload it for these reasons and could not return it. Regardless, I'm hoping that since I successfully updated the Firmware and clipped wires and made connection, that it will not impact future updates. Thanks to this forum I was able to side load Netflix and Disney + using APK Mirror. Currently all seems OK. Wish me luck.

Just to update the final solution for this mess:

There is now a new harness that connects to the rear connector where the OBD2 adapter goes. Much easier to connect and it does work as intended. Anyone who got the screen should get the new harness from Hansshow or PimpmyEV.

Even with the new harness I won't use it. Mine works fine with the 12v mod and I don't miss the HVAC controlls a bit. My kids uses it for Youtube and Netflix.

Personally, i'd go with the flush in one but unrestricted climate control and other settings is a no go for me. Instead, viewing angles are harmful to children. tablet and holder might be the best approach. has anyone found a good clip holder thats fairly steady and hold 10-12" ipad/tablet?

Contacted Hansshow about new cable. Pointless.

1673569851665.png

Just avoid Hansshow. Call or email PimpmyEV. They reply fast and their service is really good.

Hansshow is a joke.
People gravitate to Hansshow because of pricepoint which is fine if the item never has an issue. Unfortunately, these electronics do often have issues. What I learned the hard way is getting warranty from HS is painful - refunds require shipping defective items back at the buyer's cost and shipping from NA to China is very expensive (in my case more than the item itself). Even getting someone to respond from HS was difficult until I filed a claim through PayPal. I looked at PimpMyEV's return policy for defective items and they either cover the cost or just get you to dispose of it so it's no additional cost to you - much better. If I can't get HS to agree to me throwing out the broken item or they pay for shipping, I have to eat the cost and just won't buy from them anymore. Sad that it's cheaper for me to buy a new replacement then go through the HS"warranty" process.

People gravitate to Hansshow because of pricepoint which is fine if the item never has an issue. Unfortunately, these electronics do often have issues. What I learned the hard way is getting warranty from HS is painful - refunds require shipping defective items back at the buyer's cost and shipping from NA to China is very expensive (in my case more than the item itself). Even getting someone to respond from HS was difficult until I filed a claim through PayPal. I looked at PimpMyEV's return policy for defective items and they either cover the cost or just get you to dispose of it so it's no additional cost to you - much better. If I can't get HS to agree to me throwing out the broken item or they pay for shipping, I have to eat the cost and just won't buy from them anymore. Sad that it's cheaper for me to buy a new replacement then go through the HS"warranty" process.
Yeah they use that system because most times people don't ship back the broken goods and just give up. A friend of mine went through his bank and they refunded the entire purchase and not just the screen. He got all the money back for everything. And that just shows how stupid HS are, he warned them that if they refund him for just the rear screen he will be satisfied otherwise Visa will refund the entire purchase (he got like 4 other things at the same time). Yet they refused and continued with their BS and demands of proof of how he installed it time and time again.

So yeah, now HS has to deal with Visa's lawyers that wants money from them instead lol.

Reactions: tlr1000
hello has anyone installed a screen in the back center console for model y?

i see this one coming out by tsportsline, not sure how easy of any install this would be...or the quality if the resolution is something that would be worthwhile.

any thoughts or comments?
ty!

Hi all -

Just installed the Hansshow rear entertainment 8” model (Model 3/Y Rear Entertainment And Climate Control Screen|Hansshow).

I bought this specifically for the simcard capability but I can’t get it to connect or even recognize the sim. It seems to only lock one way so flipping it won’t allow you to insert all the way. I also tested the sim on an older iPad with no issue.

Has anyone got any luck with this?

We are local in both Atlanta & Los Angeles.
2 times zones.
We have installation capabilities at both our facilities.
We have a phone number. Others prefer to hide behind an email.
5 customer service reps.
We deal direct with foreign manufactures and help them homologate their products for the North American market. #US #firmware

So Hansshow support has been useless so far for my simcard problem… I did just ping them back on Thursday so I’ll give them a bit more time but I recorded everything to demonstrate that the 8” rear screen does not accept a WORKING sim. I even did all of that through whatsapp. Buyer beware … for now - this simcard slot was the main reason for the 8” upgrade vs the 7!! Everything else works so far but I have to use my hotspot for Wi-Fi which obviously isn’t ideal.

As much I would love to install this there are a few things that I'm still hoping a new version or software/firmware updated brings to the 7" screen, bluetooth headphones connectivity, locking front seat controls and well ensuring it won't bring the car. I'll keep any eye on this threat. I'm sure someone has already done some side loading or hacking to make things work better. It is an Android tablet in the grand scheme of things and has bluetooth 5.0, no reason the 7" screen can't do as much as the 8" screen

Seems like the price difference between Hansshow and TSportline is negligible but dealing with a company on the same continent is a huge advantage. Same or similar timezone, no language barrier, and if you have to ship an item back it will be huge difference shipping within North America vs going to China. Even if there is a price difference, paying a bit more for better post-sales service for complex items like this is worth it.

Seems like the price difference between Hansshow and TSportline is negligible but dealing with a company on the same continent is a huge advantage. Same or similar timezone, no language barrier, and if you have to ship an item back it will be huge difference shipping within North America vs going to China. Even if there is a price difference, paying a bit more for better post-sales service for complex items like this is worth it.
We're here for everyone, and happy to help our customers any time!

Reactions: tlr1000