Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zappi EV charger has damaged Tesla On-Board charger uk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visited Tesla dealer @ 7 Whitehouse street Leeds UK an Advisor said there has been instances where Zappi EV chargers have damaged Tesla Cars On-Board chargers resulting in the car owner having to pay Tesla £2000 to have it repaired. Does any one have knowledge of such incidents as I already have a Zappi charger which performs well with a Mercedes EV & I’m worried since I have an RN order number for the Performance model Y & certainly want to avoid any such damage.

I would think that if a Zappi charger could be proven to have caused damage to a vehicle, there should be a recall of said chargers and Zappi would be on the hook for any repairs.
Possibly, but if it’s relatively uncommon then it would take a while to make the link and even longer to prove causality. Then you have to convince Zappi to recall their devices.

I have to admit, when I see a story like this I’m suspicious as to which side the fault lies on. It could be Tesla’s or Zappi’s

Upvote 0