Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“More Valuable” Stealth Performance Model 3 Unicorn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there an easy way to see which rear motor you have? We have a 2019 AWD that we picked up on July 1st this year. Ours has a B on the eighth digit.

Is there a way to make this a stealth? Not sure I'm following what people are saying about this..

You can try to get your phone behind the driver's side rear wheel and take a picture.

Looking for a shiny metal plate on the side of the motor.

IMG_20191210_110153.jpg

I have never heard of this variant, but called today for a test drive and they had one and offered it to me. 2020 VIN and tax credit. I immediately bought it. I have no doubt it would have been sold within an hour had I not.

I get it Sat and was told it has track mode.

You also get chrome trim and not the black.

It seems good as I didn’t want 20 inch wheels and so love not paying for them.

I have never heard of this variant, but called today for a test drive and they had one and offered it to me. 2020 VIN and tax credit. I immediately bought it. I have no doubt it would have been sold within an hour had I not.

I get it Sat and was told it has track mode.

You also get chrome trim and not the black.

It seems good as I didn’t want 20 inch wheels and so love not paying for them.

All Model 3s have chrome trim.

Is there an easy way to see which rear motor you have? We have a 2019 AWD that we picked up on July 1st this year. Ours has a B on the eighth digit.

Is there a way to make this a stealth? Not sure I'm following what people are saying about this..

if you have a 980 than you can assume your car is the same as a stealth with only a software difference
But no reason to assume that Telsa will ever allow you to upgrade the software and if they do someday it definitely won’t be for free

if you have a 990 motor you just have another question / wrinkle on top of above as there is a chance your motor is not capable of the stealth software
Or maybe it is, we don’t know

people would prefer to have the 980 but as of today it does not have any known advantage

Hi! So it seems the folks here are unanimous: Stealth/sleeper over P3D+?

P3D+ Blue/Black ordered 6th Nov 2019. VIN not yet assigned (19th Nov 2019) ***Considering Cancellation*** $57,990
Finally found and ordered a "Used" w/200mi White/Black unicorn w/19s (P3D- stealth/sleeper) on 18th Nov 2019 - VIN 5YJ3E1EB9KF3xxxx $49,400

Thoughts? Which would you choose? Also, how long did it take to get your used inventory stealth? Its in california but I need to have them ship it to Texas for 2k but at least I'll pay local taxes 6.25 TX vs ~9.75 CA

Exactly!

That would be my choice in a heartbeat as well, the Stealth over performance, especially for the price difference!

BTW, I am here in Irving as well!

that's exactly what i did, switched my p3d+ order to an inventory stealth car and then immediately ordered lightweight forged 19s and MPP coilovers. In the meantime it was also a bonus to not get a car delivered mid-winter on summer tires and 20s.

Same. Although I was looking at used P3D+ and ran across a location that had P3D-Stealths in stock. Ordered my H&R Springs, 20"s and tires and RPM Tesla CF spoiler and interior kit. It all arrived a day or so before the car and I still saved thousands.

I ordered my 2018 LR AWD with enhanced autopilot in July 2018. Took delivery September 29, 2018 in Highland Park, IL. Have absolutely loved the car. Best purchase ever. On December 18, 2019 I received email from Tesla saying that because I owned a LR AWD, I could purchase Acceleration Boost. I got really excited, went to my Tesla account online and could not find AB in my upgrade page, only FSD. Called Tesla CS to no avail. It took getting on these forums to have someone point out that I actually own a Stealth Model 3. I admit, there were some hints that I ignored (red line under Dual Motor in app and in car screen; Track Mode (which always looked whited out), but I never paid for a Stealth because I didn’t know it existed until 2 days ago. Makes sense now why I can’t get AB. I now own the fastest P (lighter weight) on the planet. Took me over a year to discover, but I consider myself to be the luckiest guy on earth right now. Exactly the car I wanted-top acceleration, top handling without 20 inch wheels that would have popped on a Chicago pothole and bigger brakes (all the things for a track I’ll never go to). For those who don’t go to the track, the Stealth is the one (if you can find one). Thank you, Tesla, for mine. Extremely grateful!

I ordered my 2018 LR AWD with enhanced autopilot in July 2018. Took delivery September 29, 2018 in Highland Park, IL. Have absolutely loved the car. Best purchase ever. On December 18, 2019 I received email from Tesla saying that because I owned a LR AWD, I could purchase Acceleration Boost. I got really excited, went to my Tesla account online and could not find AB in my upgrade page, only FSD. Called Tesla CS to no avail. It took getting on these forums to have someone point out that I actually own a Stealth Model 3. I admit, there were some hints that I ignored (red line under Dual Motor in app and in car screen; Track Mode (which always looked whited out), but I never paid for a Stealth because I didn’t know it existed until 2 days ago. Makes sense now why I can’t get AB. I now own the fastest P (lighter weight) on the planet. Took me over a year to discover, but I consider myself to be the luckiest guy on earth right now. Exactly the car I wanted-top acceleration, top handling without 20 inch wheels that would have popped on a Chicago pothole and bigger brakes (all the things for a track I’ll never go to). For those who don’t go to the track, the Stealth is the one (if you can find one). Thank you, Tesla, for mine. Extremely grateful!

Congrats on your Stealth! I love mine as well! Curious to what you paid for yours. I know you mention you didn't pay for a Stealth, but how do you know that you didn't pay for it in the end? Was there not a Performance line item in your order agreement? This is the only place I can see where it is mentioned with pricing info. I knew I was getting a stealth when I bought mine, so I am just curious in regard to your case. Congrats again!

View attachment 505697 Well, it looks like Stealth is no longer a "unicorn"

I guess they realized that not offering it was throwing away money as many folks wanted a Performance car but the wheels stopped them...

Edit: it's like the original Performance ordering, if you don't get the 20" wheels etc you have only 18 as option, boo!

• Funny
Reactions: afadeev
I guess they realized that not offering it was throwing away money as many folks wanted a Performance car but the wheels stopped them...

Edit: it's like the original Performance ordering, if you don't get the 20" wheels etc you have only 18 as option, boo!
Yeah, you pay the same amount, and get none of the good stuff. The sales tactic I understand, but almost like they are trying to fool people. Just get all the good stuff, and sell it. You can make up to $4k for the wheels and spoiler.

I also noticed the range dropped a bit for the P3D+