Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Theatre” disappeared?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bit of an odd one here;

Went to watch YouTube while charging and the entire Theatre app is just blank - arcade and toy box work but the theatre tab is just a blank screen?

I tried rebooting the car but still the same - as far as I know it’s not done any recent software updates so just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I’m on version 2022.12.3.2 apparently

Reactions: jschimel
I had a theatre bug where I could see the apps but opening any of them it went to a black screen, somehow (don't know why) after following some advice on you tube I did the Monty Python easter egg and it worked (rename car to Patsy or Flying Circus), all my apps refreshed and opened properly.

Reactions: Alistairuk
I had a theatre bug where I could see the apps but opening any of them it went to a black screen, somehow (don't know why) after following some advice on you tube I did the Monty Python easter egg and it worked (rename car to Patsy or Flying Circus), all my apps refreshed and opened properly.
These names also enable the Monty Python Easter Egg:
  • Rabbit of Caerbannog
  • Mr. Creosote (with or without the period)
  • Biggus Dickus
  • Unladen Swallow
In case you wanted to know :cool:

Bit of an odd one here;

Went to watch YouTube while charging and the entire Theatre app is just blank - arcade and toy box work but the theatre tab is just a blank screen?

I tried rebooting the car but still the same - as far as I know it’s not done any recent software updates so just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I’m on version 2022.12.3.2 apparently
Change the touchscreen language to another language and back. It fixed the problem for me. Tesla suggested it

Reactions: M1tch