Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-130mph in a Model X P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Racerx22b

@unplggdd on Instagram
Nov 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
Here are the stats.

95% SOC
Launch Control
Ludicrous +
Your standard secondary road asphalt surface with no prep
Late 2016 AP1 6 Seater Model X P100D with stock Pirelli tires (22")
Driver only
I lifted before hitting the half mile

Stats are from Dragy device

IMG_1144.jpg

Bonus points to run the API runlogger on a future run (iOS Powertools or Android Dashboard for Tesla - Free one day code for the latter). We don't have a quarter mile X sample.

We could really use the Max Power drop data due to back EMF, so the longer you can hang on full throttle the better.

Double bonus if you want to put it in neutral at 130 mph and log the coast down time to help refine the X Cd and rolling resistance data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don TLR
Bonus points to run the API runlogger on a future run (iOS Powertools or Android Dashboard for Tesla - Free one day code for the latter). We don't have a quarter mile X sample.

We could really use the Max Power drop data due to back EMF, so the longer you can hang on full throttle the better.

Double bonus if you want to put it in neutral at 130 mph and log the coast down time to help refine the X Cd and rolling resistance data.

I don't have the iOS power tools but will look into it.

Can you elaborate more on this... Not sure I understand exactly what data you want from this... "Double bonus if you want to put it in neutral at 130 mph and log the coast down time to help refine the X Cd and rolling resistance data."

This was from my fastest 1/4 mile run (11.281). Not sure if this helps at all.

IMG_1826.jpg

We're not as interested in the time as we are in the power output over time that the API provides. And the torque you can derive from that.

The coasting experiment is new. You can approximate\refine the car's drag coefficient of friction (Cd) and wheel's rolling resistance if you let if coast from a high speed down to a low speed. But we need it done over a flat distance and we need to know temperature and tire size and type. Ideally we'd do several runs in two directions, the latter to account for small windage.