TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

0-250kph (0-155mph) in a P100D is Ludicrous!

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by aikisteve, Nov 4, 2017.

1. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

You must have been in a hurry. ;)

A second camera showing the view while you drive would be really cool.

3. bishoppeak

bishoppeak Member

My favorite part is how effortless and serene it is to do that.

• Like x 2
  4. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

Well, it was nothing but an empty and dark Autobahn. So, you wouldn't be able to "see" the speed anyway... That is why I didn't include it.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. FlyingCookie

FlyingCookie Member

Your wh/km seems somewhat high... I wonder why?

• Funny x 1
  6. Sharpgt

Sharpgt Member

I wonder how far off the speedometer is

7. P100Diddy

P100Diddy Member

8. rajram

rajram Member

Thanks for the cool video. Is this in Ludicrous Plus mode (max battery power engaged)? With empirical 0-60 test results in the 2.3-2.4 second range in this mode, I would've expected 0-62 mph in the 2.6-2.7 second range.

9. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

Although I've done the 0-100kph in 2.8 before, this was with only 75% battery, on a damp road and with max battery power engaged to enable launch mode, but I did not wait for the battery to reach temperature. Was on a road trip at that point and couldn't spend the time waiting for the battery to heat up. Also did not engage the Ludicrous+ mode.

But the latter one should only make about 0.1s difference. Under ideal circumstances, I would expect to indeed get around 2.8s 0-100kph time and maybe a full second off to 250kph. If I have the chance I'll post another attempt under more ideal circumstances ;-)

10. rajram

rajram Member

Thanks for the explanation. I also believe the Plus mode will only make a slight difference in 0-60 , but should be more substantial on the upper end. Would love to see the same run in the Plus mode and under ideal conditions, when you get to it!

• Like x 1
  11. fbitz777

fbitz777 Member

Any idea about the 250 to 0 time with REGEN only? .just curious why high performance versions don't seem to have more REGEN braking power than my X75 has...seems like it would be a selling feature to have higher braking power.

12. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

Regen is breaking more than enough for regular driving. No need to gear the behaviour of the car for these extreme conditions. Regen also causes quite a bit of heat in the battery, reducing your ability to regen after a while. Just look up some clips of people driving the Tesla on a circuit.

13. Elliott P100D

Elliott P100D Member

1509569273415.jpg

• Like x 1