Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-250kph (0-155mph) in a P100D is Ludicrous!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the cool video. Is this in Ludicrous Plus mode (max battery power engaged)? With empirical 0-60 test results in the 2.3-2.4 second range in this mode, I would've expected 0-62 mph in the 2.6-2.7 second range.

Although I've done the 0-100kph in 2.8 before, this was with only 75% battery, on a damp road and with max battery power engaged to enable launch mode, but I did not wait for the battery to reach temperature. Was on a road trip at that point and couldn't spend the time waiting for the battery to heat up. Also did not engage the Ludicrous+ mode.

But the latter one should only make about 0.1s difference. Under ideal circumstances, I would expect to indeed get around 2.8s 0-100kph time and maybe a full second off to 250kph. If I have the chance I'll post another attempt under more ideal circumstances ;-)

Although I've done the 0-100kph in 2.8 before, this was with only 75% battery, on a damp road and with max battery power engaged to enable launch mode, but I did not wait for the battery to reach temperature. Was on a road trip at that point and couldn't spend the time waiting for the battery to heat up. Also did not engage the Ludicrous+ mode.

But the latter one should only make about 0.1s difference. Under ideal circumstances, I would expect to indeed get around 2.8s 0-100kph time and maybe a full second off to 250kph. If I have the chance I'll post another attempt under more ideal circumstances ;-)

Thanks for the explanation. I also believe the Plus mode will only make a slight difference in 0-60 , but should be more substantial on the upper end. Would love to see the same run in the Plus mode and under ideal conditions, when you get to it!

Reactions: aikisteve
Any idea about the 250 to 0 time with REGEN only? .just curious why high performance versions don't seem to have more REGEN braking power than my X75 has...seems like it would be a selling feature to have higher braking power.

Regen is breaking more than enough for regular driving. No need to gear the behaviour of the car for these extreme conditions. Regen also causes quite a bit of heat in the battery, reducing your ability to regen after a while. Just look up some clips of people driving the Tesla on a circuit.

1509569273415.jpg

Reactions: aikisteve