Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60/30-50/50-70 comparative times for 70D/85D/P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of the 85D and had a great chance to compare it to P85D.

I wanna say - the 85D is still a very very fast car. I am extremely happy with it. From a standstill/ low speed it doesn't produce the same rollercoaster-y feeling as the P85D (at least as much as the P85D), but at around 40-50 mph, the immediacy of acceleration is very close (if not the same) as the P85D.

All in all it's correct that there's a significant difference between the two at a standstill, but even then the 85D is really, really, plenty fast (for me) and from what I can see the big differences end there. I got this CPO 85D for $60k and a similar P85D would have been almost 40 to 50 percent more expensive. In my financial situation it's not worth it! But I also feel good that the P85D/P90D/P100D is still out there, and when I have the means to do so, I'd love to get one of those, so I have something to look forward to, which I feel very happy about!

Took delivery of the 85D and had a great chance to compare it to P85D. I wanna say - the 85D is still a very very fast car. I am extremely happy with it. From a standstill/ low speed it doesn't produce the same rollercoaster-y feeling as the P85D (at least as much as the P85D), but at around 40-50 mph, the immediacy of acceleration is very close (if not the same) as the P85D.

All in all it's correct that there's a significant difference between the two at a standstill, but even then the 85D is really, really, plenty fast (for me) and from what I can see the big differences end there. I got this CPO 85D for $60k and a similar P85D would have been almost 40 to 50 percent more expensive. In my financial situation it's not worth it! But I also feel good that the P85D/P90D/P100D is still out there, and when I have the means to do so, I'd love to get one of those, so I have something to look forward to, which I feel very happy about!

There are significant performance differences between models in the 85kWh range ... :cool: Tesla Model S - Wikipedia

upload_2017-5-1_19-47-14.png

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo