Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60mph changed on the 75D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a late 2017 75D. I tested it at the same place through out its life, result had been pretty consistent. The 100D is barely any faster at launch, but once you get over 40mph. The 100D will just blow the 75D away, it feels that way in the car too.

One of the S guys logged the data, the peak power and motor are basically the same between the two cars. The 100D just allows for the same power output at higher speed where the 75 will drop off over 40

The 100D will be quicker for sure, but lets not forget the 75D is no slouch in the real world.

Infact real world 'in gear' performance is the same as a previous gen M3 and Ferrari 355 open top. Bare in mind our 75D is a 6 seater, and in theory one of the slowest cars Tesla sell, thats not bad performance!

The 100D will be quicker for sure, but lets not forget the 75D is no slouch in the real world.

Infact real world 'in gear' performance is the same as a previous gen M3 and Ferrari 355 open top. Bare in mind our 75D is a 6 seater, and in theory one of the slowest cars Tesla sell, thats not bad performance!

The MX 60D is the slowest they sold as they weren’t eligible for uncorking. One of the main reasons I still keep my 60D badge on. I can’t tell you have many times ive been asked if it’s a P100D.

I point to the badge, tell them I have a base model and inform them that a P100DL would’ve made mince meat out of me.

But that’s certainly good to know about the top end and battery difference.

The MX 60D is the slowest they sold as they weren’t eligible for uncorking. One of the main reasons I still keep my 60D badge on. I can’t tell you have many times ive been asked if it’s a P100D.

I point to the badge, tell them I have a base model and inform them that a P100DL would’ve made mince meat out of me.

But that’s certainly good to know about the top end and battery difference.

Wow, I'm the only one with an X60D?

I tested my 100d against the 75d. Tesla’s 4.9 time is correct at 80% and above but 100d will murder the 75 above 40mph
I've got an uncorked 2017 mx 100d. Still holding strong in the mid 4's for 0-60. It's not a super car by any means, but holy $hit, the passing torque (above 40mph) is insane Blows almost any car away (short of a performance model ) .

I notice that all the 2018 new inventory X75D show the 0-60mph of 6s. I distinctly remember it being 4.9 seconds when I purchased mine earlier last year. Did they slow all X75D's down or are these newer inventory ones different somehow? I hope they didn't slow down all 75D's through a firmware update. Mine doesn't feel any different than it did when I originally bought it...
Back in Aug 2018 when I was ordering my X, the OA showed me a few inventory 75D online, which all has the spec for 6s 0-60. I asked about it and was told that it was just the website listed the old spec, and the actually car will be uncorked like any newly ordered ones, doing 4.9s 0-60.

Hate to burst your bubble, your car is not doing 4.1 sec 0-60 even with rollout. Most phone's GPS updates at 1hz per sec, it's simply not accurate enough to tell the difference between 4.1 and 4.9. You need to get an aftermarket GPS to do that.

Sorry my son is who did this with me driving he said it was a beat box or something like that we used and he claims it's 99.9 percent accurate, for what it's worth. I'm not here to cause friction just posted a result

We have a 2016 MX 75D, bought as a CPO and Tesla uncorked it. Definite faster than our old Model 3 LR RWD off the line not highway speeds though. Performance was drastic pre vs post uncorking.

Haven’t really tested out much, I used my dragy back in November on it and it went from 5.8 to 5.0 0-60. That was with a cold 90% charged battery. Not bad.

Recently was taking a trip to the store and a BMW 340i pulls up and starts revving his engine. Figured ah, what the hell. He was about half a car length ahead of me stopped at the light and I blew by him and pulled on him, hear his engine revving like crazy and was shocked. Next light he looked defeated. Was pretty funny, just gave me a nod. These vehicles are no slouches.

Just to bring this back to the subject of the OP, according to the Tesla post quoted by @ek993, Tesla has pushed a hidden firmware update that reduces acceleration from 4.9s to 6s but the software limit goes into effect only when ride height is “normal” or higher. So for “low,” the uncorked acceleration is supposed to still apply. It is possible that all the 100D comparisons could also have this “update” but you didn’t notice it if you are always on “low.” The OP of the Tesla site post actually saw his acceleration reduced after a service visit for new half-shafts. Commentary: this sounds horrible — it makes it sound like the mechanical shudder issue is an unfixable mechanical design defect.

I notice that all the 2018 new inventory X75D show the 0-60mph of 6s. I distinctly remember it being 4.9 seconds when I purchased mine earlier last year. Did they slow all X75D's down or are these newer inventory ones different somehow? I hope they didn't slow down all 75D's through a firmware update. Mine doesn't feel any different than it did when I originally bought it...

Perhaps because you were always in “low”?

Ah this makes more sense. So it sounds like these new inventory 75D’s are just corked by default and it’s not that the whole fleet of existing 75D’s were slowed down.

According to the Tesla forum post, this is a firmware update, but not clear if pushed to entire fleet or applied to vehicles brought in for the shudder problem.