Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

03-09-2023 - No Stormwatch for Northern CA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
03/28 We just got a flood advisor here in Pleasanton. I hope the creek does not overflow into the backyard. The good thing is the powerwalls are at 100% so I have plenty of juice to run our yard pump to compensate for our plugged yard drains. I just bumped PW reserves to 90%.

We are definitely going to redo drainage this Spring.

03/28 We just got a flood advisor here in Pleasanton. I hope the creek does not overflow into the backyard. The good thing is the powerwalls are at 100% so I have plenty of juice to run our yard pump to compensate for our plugged yard drains. I just bumped PW reserves to 90%.

We are definitely going to redo drainage this Spring.

I need to pay more attention to the news instead of posting on TMC. Powerwalls are drained because I set the reserve back to the recommended 25%.

Tesla should add an installer setting and have an input for the intelligence level of the homeowner. Then the system configuration for my home could be set to "dumbass". Like, this guy is so stupid, he transferred money from Silicon Valley Bank into First Republic Bank. That level of stupid.

Then maybe the system will do me the favor of keeping some energy stored when the next day's forecast looks bad.

I need to pay more attention to the news instead of posting on TMC. Powerwalls are drained because I set the reserve back to the recommended 25%.

Tesla should add an installer setting and have an input for the intelligence level of the homeowner. Then the system configuration for my home could be set to "dumbass". Like, this guy is so stupid, he transferred money from Silicon Valley Bank into First Republic Bank. That level of stupid.

Then maybe the system will do me the favor of keeping some energy stored when the next day's forecast looks bad.
Actually, FRB is one of our banks. They are great people, and offer good returns, great service, and good products like sweep accounts than ensure you are never over the FDIC insurance limit.

My PW has been going into SW more frequently this year. I wonder if they changed the parameters. It used to only kick in if the warnings were directly in my area. Now SW is kicking in even if the warnings are 30 miles from my area. I have been on storm watch since yesterday for Winter Storm Warning even though I am 10 miles form the mountains and 4,000 ft below the snow level. The Winter Storm Warnings are 10 miles from my house. Similar thing happened with last week's storm.

Yikes my scheduled online transfer from my first republic account into my mortgage sweep account failed today. No explanation other than “it was a glitch”. I’m really hating this word “glitch” lately.

The news about FRC doesn’t look good.

My level of stupidity may come back to bite me in the rear…

Yikes my scheduled online transfer from my first republic account into my mortgage sweep account failed today. No explanation other than “it was a glitch”. I’m really hating this word “glitch” lately.

The news about FRC doesn’t look good.

My level of stupidity may come back to bite me in the rear…
You might want to be making contingency plans...

SVB went smoothly and customers were made whole, and I expect the same for FRB, but I would expect a certain amount of "glitches" in the short term...

Heh. Not in my part of Lafayette, so not impacted, forunately. At least for now. Really wish we had underground utility lines in my neighborhood. Powerwalls will have to do. 😎

EDIT: Perhaps I spoke too soon. I just noticed the lights flicker and my servers' UPS clicked. Then checked the Tesla app, and we've actually had four outages since about 4:30 this afternoon, each "a few seconds".

Bruce.

Dang Lafayette and Orinda are dark again. Apparently they use the local BART track to also run power to these towns…

@bmah is the smartest MF-er on TMC since he has Powerwalls and doesn’t take his car to Dublin Tesla for service.

Dang Lafayette and Orinda are dark again. Apparently they use the local BART track to also run power to these towns…

@bmah is the smartest MF-er on TMC since he has Powerwalls and doesn’t take his car to Dublin Tesla for service.

LOL

That’s a pretty big outage. Doesn’t affect the part of Lafayette I’m in fortunately. Are you sure about BART and power transmission? Pretty sure it doesn’t work that way….the cities are older than BART is.

Bruce.

LOL

That’s a pretty big outage. Doesn’t affect the part of Lafayette I’m in fortunately. Are you sure about BART and power transmission? Pretty sure it doesn’t work that way….the cities are older than BART is.

Bruce.

Sorry I should have said /s since I just meant to correlate how both BART and PG&E aren't reliable in your area.

BTW if you want to see where the high voltage transmission lines go... here's the link. Although I don't know how to get a view of all the local above ground lines going to the neighborhoods. Lamorinda seems to be prone to "firmware glitches" of the grid.

1688356913257.png

• Informative
Reactions: bmah and BGbreeder
Lol this article says they don’t know what caused the latest outage. But @jboy210 knows the reason is the grid between foothill road and Santa Rita road is comprised of yarn and duct tape.

• Funny
Reactions: jboy210
Lol this article says they don’t know what caused the latest outage. But @jboy210 knows the reason is the grid between foothill road and Santa Rita road is comprised of yarn and duct tape.

Yeah someone on my team said her power was out from Saturday afternoon to early Sunday. That's nuts man.