Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn't suggesting we just start writing checks... but Tesla hasn't scaled service as quickly as they have production (IMO). There are many places with "service drought".

Perhaps there's some scenario where Jason's knowledge and experience can be put to good use through a franchise model, and those who are owed warranty service can still be taken care of. I'm not saying I have some concrete plan drawn up, just thinking out loud. Lots of smart people on these forums.
My wife and I were throwing around this idea. Maybe he’s so good at what he does, Tesla sent a cease and desist letter and settlement to shutdown as he took so much business away from Tesla.

Maybe he’s running repairs and teaching them to tesla SC’s or something. When you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em?

Still leaves zero excuse for no communication though.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
My wife and I were throwing around this idea. Maybe he’s so good at what he does, Tesla sent a cease and desist letter and settlement to shutdown as he took so much business away from Tesla.

Maybe he’s running repairs and teaching them to tesla SC’s or something. When you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em?

Isn't there is a right to repair bill, I don't see 057 has any advantages or merits that gives or threatens Tesla to do that, also EV Republic in CA has similar operations.

Last edited:

Tesla couldn't stop 057, not were they doing a significant number of repairs in the grand scheme of things... it was like one service center.

Also, Tesla's service centers aren't a good profit center for them, so 057 wasn't really taking money out of their pockets.

Reactions: dhanson865
Tesla sent a cease and desist letter and settlement to shutdown as he took so much business away from Tesla.

While Jason has/had a great business, I don't think he did so much business as to threaten Tesla to cause them to send a C&D. But at the same time, it sounds like pretty big lawyers are involved to keep whatever happened so hush-hush for so long, so maybe it is a Tesla action taking place?

Instead of all the doom and gloom.. what else could have happened?
The EV business space 057Tech is in isn't that big.
This is all conjecture (like most of this thread), but who could the other possible player(s) be? In the U.S. I know of (there are probably more):
  • Tesla
  • Electrified Garage
  • Gruber Motors
  • Ingineerix (Phil)
  • EV’s Republic
  • EVFixMe
  • T Sportline (although they were acquired in 2021)
  • Unplugged Performance
  • -- or some new entrant into the space that wanted to jump-start their EV repair business
I just can't see Jason partnering up with any of the first three on the list (I guess anything is possible).
But I could envision some sort of new joint venture with Ingineerix. Wow... talk about a brain trust.

While Jason has/had a great business, I don't think he did so much business as to threaten Tesla to cause them to send a C&D. But at the same time, it sounds like pretty big lawyers are involved to keep whatever happened so hush-hush for so long, so maybe it is a Tesla action taking place?

This is all conjecture (like most of this thread), but who could the other possible player(s) be? In the U.S. I know of (there are probably more):
  • Tesla
  • Electrified Garage
  • Gruber Motors
  • Ingineerix (Phil)
  • EV’s Republic
  • EVFixMe
  • Unplugged Performance
  • -- or some new entrant into the space that wanted to jump-start their EV repair business
I just can't see Jason partnering up with any of the first three on the list (I guess anything is possible).
But I could envision some sort of new joint venture with Ingineerix. Wow... talk about a brain trust.
Yes, this kind of matter will eventually resolved legally one way or the other.

There’s really no reason to jump to the defense of people that have taken tens of thousands of dollars in customer money and skipped town with a flimsy excuse of “golly gee sure wish I could tell y’all what’s going on but, you know, pesky lawyers amirite” - after well over a year of increasingly flimsy excuses and failure to deliver leading up to it.

If you take a bunch of peoples’ money and then go completely dark with no explanation you don’t get the benefit of the doubt. I get that 057 is some sort of demi-god around here but we’re doing nobody favors by normalizing this sort of behavior. It’s BS. There is NO excuse for it. Let’s stop trying to find one.
10000% agree

Assuming the dissolution of the LLC was caused by deteriorating financial health, what makes you think that there would be any assets in the LLC to be dispersed?
As I said upthread, you cannot assume that dissolution of an LLC has ANYTHING to do with "deteriorating financial health." Simply forgetting to file an LLC's one-page annual report with the state is enough to trigger administrative dissolution.

• Tesla
  • Electrified Garage
  • Gruber Motors
  • Ingineerix (Phil)
  • EV’s Republic
  • EVFixMe
  • Unplugged Performance
Jason has mentioned in the past that he has been recruited by Tesla, but didn't want to move to CA.

As I said upthread, you cannot assume that dissolution of an LLC has ANYTHING to do with "deteriorating financial health." Simply forgetting to file an LLC's one-page annual report with the state is enough to trigger administrative dissolution.

Simply forgetting to file the one-page and annual report alone would not cause the radio silence, "gag" order and vacation of the premises. I have no idea what's going on but it is more than just a clerical error.

Reactions: ccalahan and KJD
Simply forgetting to file the one-page and annual report alone would not cause the radio silence, "gag" order and vacation of the premises..
There's been several implications or outright statements that "administrative dissolution" means something nefarious happened/is happening. All I'm saying is administrative dissolution is meaningless and gives no clue as to what happened (I paid for a warranty and never received a BMD, too, so I'm in the same boat as many others).

I refer back to Jason's last post, #90. Not much we can do but wait to hear more, unless someone wants to waste money bringing in lawyers to play a version of the Prisoner's Dilemma. But setting a pile of bills on fire is more direct, will be just as effective, and cuts out the middleman.

There's been several implications or outright statements that "administrative dissolution" means something nefarious happened/is happening. All I'm saying is administrative dissolution is meaningless and gives no clue as to what happened (I paid for a warranty and never received a BMD, too, so I'm in the same boat as many others).

I refer back to Jason's last post, #90. Not much we can do but wait to hear more, unless someone wants to waste money bringing in lawyers to play a version of the Prisoner's Dilemma. But setting a pile of bills on fire is more direct, will be just as effective, and cuts out the middleman.
Totally agree on "administrative dissolution" does not mean any nefarious happenings, but a pattern of not filing or very late filing annual reports, not responding to queries, refunds, shop shutdown, and cryptic messages does raises questions and causing speculations.

As for whether lawyers can really help or how much it can help, it becomes complicated .. what is covered by LLC law, what is excluded, what can be expected, whether it is worth it ... it is up to the individual to decide. Heck, if it is my brother, he will hound someone to death even a dime, others are usually much more gracious, not judging either way.