TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

1/18 scale Model 3 model

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Sunlight, Apr 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sunlight

Sunlight Member

While we are all waiting for the real thing, please can Tesla release a 1/18 model (as they eventually did for the MS)?

It could either be the reveal style or come a bit later and show us proposed revisions!

Full price for regulars and half-price for people who have made reservations.........What fab advertising.

• Like x 2
  2. Brad_NC

Brad_NC Member

I'll wait for Elon to mail me mine. It's on the way;)

• Like x 1
  3. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

maybe that's our "token of appreciation" for standing in line.... ;)

4. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

I'm sure he said a model was going to part of it, but maybe it is going to be HotWheels sized.

5. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

I would love a scale 1/18 Model 3 asap. That's one thing I wish Fisker had done early with their owners!

6. Sunlight

Sunlight Member

Please NOT a grotty small Hotwheels model! The Hotwheels MS model was horrid....

But a decent 1/18 model like the Tesla MS model (wonder who makes that?) so they can sit side by side would be awesome.

7. MichaelVorst

MichaelVorst Member

Why don't Tesla give the right to create a 1/10th scale body to Tamiya or HPI or one of the many Lexan body makers - they would probably even be able to get licencing fees from them, and there would be a ready market for people who would want a decent-sized R/C version of a Tesla....

8. RIZE

RIZE Member

Well, there isn't a model X scale model so...

9. arjay

arjay member

1:18 scale in silver would be Fab! eg; CMC, Minichamps,

10. 400ev

400ev Member

I wouldn't mind getting a scale model of the prototype and the final production form.

11. McHoffa

McHoffa Active Member

A 1:18 scale model similar to the Model S they sell for $210 would be awesome, especially if it had our reservation number stamped on the bottom :)

• Love x 1
  12. Sunlight

Sunlight Member

I still think it would be cool if Tesla released the 1/18 Model 3 in the next future iteration (maybe production version or Part 2) as a titillation for punters!

"Ah so that is what they are going to do to the nose/tail/lights............." FUN and Tesla enjoys quirky 'in-jokes'