Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would launch control improve on these times?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local strip is North Star raceway just outside Denton, TX. Great facility and the track prep was outstanding. I've had my P85D for over a year and have been eagerly waiting for a chance to see what the vehicle will do on an eighth mile raceway.

First run was 7.3388 @ 92.33mph, 94% SOC. Max battery on and creep mode off. Low suspension and tire psi at 47. Car has 28,000 miles.

Last run of the day was the best 7.2921 @ 93.07, 88% SOC. Didn't use launch control on any run, so maybe the times can get better.

I still can't believe most people at this strip didn't know what a Tesla is and what it can do. I had fun explaining all the features. I was hoping to get close to a 7.50 time and to my surprise this car did much better. Posted the time slips below.

If you get the chance, head out to your local dragstrip and you won't regret it. It's a lot of fun to see and talk about all kinds of different vehicles.

Attachments

• IMG_1295.JPG
    IMG_1295.JPG
    299.4 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1297.JPG
    IMG_1297.JPG
    482.8 KB · Views: 106
I also went to our local racetrack when it opened April 22, 2017. I went again on Saturday the 29th. My best time was 6.97 at 103 mph. I was able to stay on the second race day till gamblers bracket racing and I won!

My second and final competition was against a snowmobile. I pushed him out... I was so quick, and he needed to be faster than his dial in. It's hard for a beginner, me, to explain about dial in and how it's important. But suffice it to say, he went faster to cross the finish line first than he had said he could go. It might be called sandbagging, or, the fastest run that snowmobile ever ran. That is a detail that is unclear. But, two details that are clear:

1) a win is a win.

2) i'm going back to work on my reaction
time because this is more fun than any
PS4 game.
0429172131-1.jpg

Reactions: benjiejr
Reactions: TexasTeslaRacing